Click Here to Print Page

Page Topic: Marriage Certificate
-> Translations

#1: Marriage Certificate Author: acgarczy PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 1:49 pm
    ----
[b][i]This is a marriage certificate between my great grandfather Giovanni Famoso and my great grandmother Anna Pirolli. Can you help me with the translation especially at the bottom hand written paragraph. Thank you.

#2: Re: Marriage Certificate Author: nucciaLocation: Toronto, Ontario, Canada PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 11:33 pm
    ----
You didn't attach the record. Maybe you can try again?

#3: Re: Marriage Certificate Author: acgarczy PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2012 9:29 pm
    ----
It is not letting me post an attachment.

#4: Re: Marriage Certificate Author: nucciaLocation: Toronto, Ontario, Canada PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2012 12:32 am
    ----
Really? Okay, maybe you can email me the attachment and I can post it for you.

Last edited by nuccia on Tue Jul 10, 2012 11:28 am; edited 1 time in total

#5: Re: Marriage Certificate Author: acgarczy PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2012 7:55 am
    ----
Sent. Thank you.

#6: Re: Marriage Certificate Author: nucciaLocation: Toronto, Ontario, Canada PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2012 11:33 am
    ----
Here's the link for acgarczy's record - hopefully we can get a translation for him.
www.gentedimareitalian...287442.jpg

#7: Re: Marriage Certificate Author: acgarczy PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2012 12:20 pm
    ----
Thank you. FYI I'm a she! LOL

#8: Re: Marriage Certificate Author: nucciaLocation: Toronto, Ontario, Canada PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2012 12:23 pm
    ----
Embarassed Embarassed oops - Sorry! Embarassed Embarassed

#9: Re: Marriage Certificate Author: martinagiardinoLocation: Rome PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 5:12 pm
    ----
Nuccia, the translation was done? My English is terrible, but the ancient Italian I read very well, especially these certificates! If you need, I also write to the email!

#10: Re: Marriage Certificate Author: liviomorenoLocation: Rome (Italy) PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 2:13 am
    ----
The document is not a certificate, it is the photocopy of the actual marriage record.
Marriage was celebrated March 13 1879 at 11:30am in the town hall in Marcianise.
Groom: Giovanni Famoso, aged 55, day laborer, born in Naples, parents unknown (the wording is "figlio dello Stato"= son of the State)
Bride: Anna Vincenza Sebastiana Pirolli, aged 21, housewife, born in Caserta, residing in Marcanise, daughter of the deceased Francesco and of Elisabetta Zampella residing in Marcianise.
Witnesses Luigi Iovine, 21, clerk, Domenica Di Pascale, 29, clerk.

The handwritten part states that the document presented to get married was the marriage banns certificate, the banns were posted Feb 23 and March 2.
The last two lines read: The above act was read to all the attendees (spouses and witnesses) and was undersigned by them.

-> Translations