Click Here to Print Page

Page Topic: Hello everyone!
-> About Us

#1: Hello everyone! Author: tkconsiglio PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 7:01 am
    ----
Hi everyone!

I'm fairly new on here and thought I would formally introduce myself. First of all, what an awesome forum! Everyone is so kind and eager to help. Even though I have been on here for a few months, I'm just now starting to learn how to navigate around here instead of just posting questions.

I moved to Italy last year in July for a job opportunity for my husband. We both have Italian origins, so I decided to start digging. My goals are: to construct a family tree going back as many generations as I can, locate relatives, and visit the hometowns that are families came from.

So far I have found and visited relatives on my great grand-mothers side. Unfortunately, I have only been able to trace the her parents name. So
this is still a work in progress. I found a 3rd or 4th cousin on here who generously gave me a lot of information on my husbands side and have gone back 7 generations (incredible! I am so grateful!).

Needless to say, I am so happy to have found this wonderful forum that has helped me in achieving my goals! I look forward to learning more as I continue on my quest!

Ciao for now! Smile

Kelly (Miele) Consiglio

#2: Re: Hello everyone! Author: nucciaLocation: Toronto, Ontario, Canada PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 7:39 pm
    ----
Hi Kelly! Welcome. We're glad to have you here and hope we can help. You're right about the members here being helpful. It's been a bit quiet because it's summer but things usually pick up in the fall. Hopefully we can help you!

#3: Re: Hello everyone! Author: tkconsiglio PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 11:21 pm
    ----
Thank you Nuccia!

#4: Re: Hello everyone! Author: gillaf1 PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 4:46 am
    ----
Welcome aboard. Are you related to the Consiglio family in New Haven, Connecticut?

#5: Re: Hello everyone! Author: tkconsiglio PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 8:03 am
    ----
I'm not sure, could be! We are all from Detroit MI. I may soon find out as I trace our roots! Consiglio is my husbands side. His great grandparents, Alphonsus Consiglio and Rosalia Pellerito immigrated to Detroit in 1910. Alphonsus' parents are Gaetano Consiglio and Providentia Zerilli. I believe they immigrated after, not sure though. I'm trying to learn who their siblings are and go back as many generations as I can.

#6: Re: Hello everyone! Author: gillaf1 PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 3:37 am
    ----
All I know about them is that they are and were in the restaurant business. Their matriarch just passed away, check out theses stories: www.nhregister.com/sha...=consiglio

-> About Us