Click Here to Print Page

Page Topic: Francescina (Mungo) Bertuca & Maria Maioulo Sapone
-> Photo Swap and Fix It Shop

#1: Francescina (Mungo) Bertuca & Maria Maioulo Sapone Author: Cathy PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 8:08 am
    ----
The lady sitting is my great aunt Maria Sapone (my grandmother's sister) long before I knew her with her cousin Francescina Mungo (later Bertuca). They were both born in Cortale in Catanzaro Province. I think the baby is my Aunt Margaret (really my dad's cousin but we always called her aunt) who is still alive at 95. I guess that makes with photograph 95 years old.

#2: Re: Francescina (Mungo) Bertuca & Maria Maioulo Sapone Author: DaveFerroLocation: Auburn NY PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 2:02 am
    ----
Cathy,
I keep coming back to this photo. Much like the ones we have, not sure if the background is backdrop. Your site has pictures of native dress, and here must be their best clothes. Is the girl wearing a school uniform? The hairstyles are different than my grandmother from the same period, though the photos were taken here and could be the Gibson Girl style.

My foster dad's sister married a Catanzaro, again people with the names of towns and provinces.

I'll be returning to ponder again.

Thanks for posting,

Dave

#3: Re: Francescina (Mungo) Bertuca & Maria Maioulo Sapone Author: Gaspare PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2008 3:30 pm
    ----

#4: Re: Francescina (Mungo) Bertuca & Maria Maioulo Sapone Author: Cathy PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2008 4:44 pm
    ----
Wow!! That is wonderful! Thank you Gaspare!! kiss The baby in my great aunts arms is still alive at age 96. She will love this!!

#5: Re: Francescina (Mungo) Bertuca & Maria Maioulo Sapone Author: Gaspare PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2008 5:30 pm
    ----
Cathy wrote:
Wow!! That is wonderful! Thank you Gaspare!! kiss

Smile My pleasure.

Quote::
The baby in my great aunts arms is still alive at age 96. She will love this!!

Surprised Wow! God bless her!

-> Photo Swap and Fix It Shop