Click Here to Print Page

Page Topic: Help with a marriage bann
-> Translations

#1: Help with a marriage bann Author: tjbrnLocation: North Carolina PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 5:51 pm
    ----
I've found this bann but am unable to find the Atti di Matrimonio however the marriage did take place. I'm curious about what the length of time is generally between the appearance of the bann and the actual marriage ceremony. Also at the end of line 18 I cannot decide what the bride's mother's surname is: Maria Stella Ma..ico?

#2: Re: Help with a marriage bann Author: liviomorenoLocation: Rome (Italy) PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 4:30 am
    ----
Usually the marriage is celebrated within 15 days after 3rd publication, in this case the 3rd date is missing (the 1st was Jan 30 and the 2nd Feb 6), maybe the couple decided to postpone the marriage.
The surname looks like Marsico

#3: Re: Help with a marriage bann Author: tjbrnLocation: North Carolina PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 9:38 am
    ----
Thanks, Livio. Marsico is what I had decided upon as well. At any rate my great aunt's husband was born from this union in 1903 and his birth record names Maria Mancusi as his mother.

One other question: Would the marriage take place in the bride's home town or in the groom's? If in the bride's home town, the Atto Di Matrimonio might be found in Miglierina rather than Amato.

#4: Re: Help with a marriage bann Author: liviomorenoLocation: Rome (Italy) PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 11:15 am
    ----
I'm sorry I did not notice it immediately. The request comes for publications comes from the Ufficio di Stato Civile of Migliarina, where the marriage will be celebrated. The actual marriage record can e found in Migliarina even if a transcription should also appear in Amato.

-> Translations