Click Here to Print Page

Page Topic: Death record?
-> Translations

#1: Death record? Author: EmmyLocation: Scotland PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 1:20 pm
    ----
I noticed today when looking through the LDSfilms death records at the bottom of some of the records after it gives the age of the person who has died it has
di stato civile then handwritten -it seems to be a word that begins with (not sure of the letters at the beginning of the next word) ?conngthen . con it then gives a person's name- this surname is not always the same name as the person who as died just wondered if it could mean that the person who had died lived with that person at the time of their death.
The other ones are ok because now I know if it was a husband/wife or widow etc just this one has me confused.
Grateful for any help
Emmy

#2: Re: Death record? Author: Cathy PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 1:30 pm
    ----
Emmy,
It's handwritten at the bottom? I have seen comments toward the top that indicate where( and whose house when it was not their own) the person died. I never looked much at the bottom because I do not understand enough Italian. I have an idea though. Go to my death records section of my website and click on the links of my death records to see if you can find a similar notation and place the link here. I hardly have any death records linked right now Embarassed I get so sad when I look at them, I have been focusing more on the birth and marriage records.
If you want me to do this for you let me know, but I cannot look until after work. Heres the link:
www.calabriangenealogy...altouffugo

#3: Re: Death record? Author: EmmyLocation: Scotland PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 5:22 pm
    ----
Cathy this is not very clear but its all I've got for an example it seems to be a different form of death notice from what you have on your web site

In the last line before the space it says -printed
di stato civile then its handwritten .............. ? .con Salvatore (the other part of the name is on the next line but not on the photograph.
I came across a word tonight in a word list congiunto - related to just wonder if this is what it could be?

Thanks
Emmy

#4: Re: Death record? Author: nucciaLocation: Toronto, Ontario, Canada PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 6:37 pm
    ----
Emmy..I can't read this. Its too blurry. Can you please email it to me so I can look at it and hopefully I can try to post a clearer image of it.

Thanks and Big Hugs

#5: Re: Death record? Author: EmmyLocation: Scotland PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2007 2:00 am
    ----
Hi Nuccia The image I emailed you was taken with a digtal camera but was the word wasnt clear on the actual document.. Its even more difficult to take photographs of the documents because its one of the very old 'projectors' I use at the FHC -one you turn a handle to move the film on and my head's practically inside the metal case when taking the picture. There are other projectors but the height they are at doesnt work for me - after 5 minutes my back's too sore and then I have to stand -and cant do that for long either. The staff there tried taking a photograph from one of the other machines for me and it didnt work.
Thanks for trying. I think I'll just presume that the name at the end of the document is a relation of the person who has died, because it doesnt give an address it only gives a name.
Emmy

-> Translations