Click Here to Print Page

Page Topic: STATO DELLE ANIME RECORD
-> Where do I begin?

#1: STATO DELLE ANIME RECORD Author: Cathy PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 10:51 pm
    ----
With Biff and Poipu's recent luck, I am inspired to begin requesting documents. Now that I finally have my great grandfather's birth act, I need to start requesting documents to move forward and get information beyond 1910. I need to find my grandfathers siblings. As I have mentioned before, his mother was married twice and although there are no birth acts I have missed from Montalto Uffugo of her children, there is a question in my mind if she had children in another town. I know they did business in other towns so it is possible. A STATO DELLE ANIME RECORD would tell me for sure. Is it possible to get this record? Has anyone here done it? I know Jim Bianco got them for all of Carini, but he went there with a guide so that is different. Would I have a chance? What information do I need to provide them? Are there fees? There are many churches in town - I have it narrowed down to 2 based on family documents from the 1860's. How can I determine which of the 2 churches were theirs? Can I send the request to both?
Thanks.

#2: Re: STATO DELLE ANIME RECORD Author: EmmyLocation: Scotland PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2007 2:12 am
    ----
Cathy some time ago Riccardo translated a letter for me to send to the parish priest of San Biagio to request 'Stato delle animi records' for my grandfather. I enclosed IRCoupons, my identification photograph etc and a cheque to cover costs but I never received a reply -by the way the cheque was never cashed. Hope you have better luck.
Emmy

#3: Re: STATO DELLE ANIME RECORD Author: Cathy PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2007 8:23 am
    ----
Crying or Very sad Perhaps I will hold off on this request then. Maybe when I get further in my knowledge and research. I need to find out more about which church and who the priests are. Perhaps I will get lucky and be related! Or, perhaps a mention of Sr Elena Aiello in my family tree - she was made blessed by Pope John Paul II (first step to sainthood) and is very popular there. I would think the priest may at least give my request a second thought if I mentioned that the person I am requesting the record for is a cousin of a saint. "Angelina Napolitano, daughter of Costantino Napolitano and Pasqualina Aiello (the aunt of Sr. Elena Aiello)" Would that be unethical? Embarassed

#4: Re: STATO DELLE ANIME RECORD Author: EmmyLocation: Scotland PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2007 1:24 pm
    ----
Cathy, My opinion- No it would not be unethical to do that - it just maybe make them sit up and take a bit more notice of the request. but - there again, maybe you would have better luck than me - it doesnt mean because the priest/Parish I wrote didnt answer that the one you write to would do the same. I've maybe just been unlucky or the letter may have just fallen into the wrong hands.
Dont hesitate! Go ahead and give it a try and when you give the information just add the bit about Sr Elena being her cousin.

(One of my daughters is named Elena)

Emmy

#5: Re: STATO DELLE ANIME RECORD Author: nucciaLocation: Toronto, Ontario, Canada PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2007 1:32 pm
    ----
I would also mention it. You have nothing to lose and everything to gain. Besides, you might even be able to get more information about Sister Elena.

-> Where do I begin?