Click Here to Print Page

Page Topic: Gravesite
-> General Discussion Groups

#1: Gravesite Author: Gina501Location: Houston, Texas PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2007 12:35 pm
    ----
Well my months of work has finally paid off. Carmeloni is getting his headstone! I'm sure you all remember my moments with Calvary Cemetery and how much help they were to me (ha ha). Well my father's first cousin, the one with the original deed, waltzed into the office last Friday and demanded some action. She brought them my letters to them and their letters in return and told them that it was disgusting that they treated me that way. She told them she was appalled that I wanted to give them money and they were too busy to take it at the time.

To make a long story short, she paid the back fees and current fees, the document processing charges and the charges for the headstone slab and we are now even with Calvary. She then went across the street and picked a monument. She and I chose the style and text and the stone is in process. I never intended for her to pay, but Carmeloni is her grandfather as well as my father's. So the three of us are going to split the expenses three ways. I am so relieved as this can be done now. Alone, I would have to save up to do this. I will be going to New York next month when they lay the stone...
It will read:
DELLA VALLE

Antonio Della Valle
1839-1917

Carmeloni Ignazio
1882-1925
Always in our Hearts

Louisa Della Valle
1849-1938

Finally, another chapter completed..... *sigh*

#2: Re: Gravesite Author: Cathy PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2007 12:44 pm
    ----
party party That is so wonderful Gina! At last, they will be remembered properly! And now, if I ever make it to NY, I can pay proper respects to Carmeloni since I almost feel like I knew him! And, as an added bonus, I can spit at the Calgary offices! Razz

#3: Re: Gravesite Author: Gina501Location: Houston, Texas PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2007 12:49 pm
    ----
would LOVE for you to spit at the Calvary offices. Better yet....why don't you *WHAP* them in the head with a dancing banana!! party

#4: Re: Gravesite Author: Biff83Location: Florida PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2007 12:51 pm
    ----
Gina,

I know that you will feel your great grandfather's arms embrace you when you go to New York next month in gratitude for your kindness, perseverance, and love for him. The story of your search for Carmeloni has been an inspiration and I am honored to have been a witness to it.

Best,
Biff

#5: Re: Gravesite Author: nucciaLocation: Toronto, Ontario, Canada PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2007 1:26 pm
    ----
Gina..I'm so happy for you. Finally the chapter will be closed and you will be able to move forward.

I hope you find the time to document the story on your webpages (if you haven't already). Always good to jot things down for future generations. kiss

#6: Re: Gravesite Author: Poipu04Location: Connecticut PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2007 1:34 pm
    ----
Ah, Biff, I could not possibly have said it better! I am so happy for you, Gina.

#7: Re: Gravesite Author: Gina501Location: Houston, Texas PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2007 2:31 pm
    ----
awwww......thanks everyone. You are all very kind.
Biff, your words made me cry. And I have to tell you and all my friends here at Gente that I am honored to have shared that journey with you. You were all inspiring when I was discouraged and helped me go on. Carmeloni is looking down on each of you and helping to keep you all safe.

#8: Re: Gravesite Author: MikeSavoca91 PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 12:05 am
    ----
Aww Gina I am so glad to hear that! It is about time someone put those *___________* at Calvary in their place. I will go and visit Carmeloni when I am in Calvary. When you come to NY tell me because I have to see you! Just wanted to know what memorial company you used, my cousin is in the business and it would be funny if you used him. YAY for Gina, maybe when they lay the stone I will go and watch them do it.

#9: Re: Gravesite Author: Cathy PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 12:07 am
    ----
Mikey!!! I missed you!!! kiss

#10: Re: Gravesite Author: MikeSavoca91 PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 12:16 am
    ----
I went away to my Uncle's for a few days and left my computer home. I missed you too! Did I miss anything?

#11: Re: Gravesite Author: Gina501Location: Houston, Texas PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 9:58 am
    ----
Hey Mike. Glad to see you! It would be great if you could come to Calvary when we lay the stone. I will tell you when that will be. My cousin used the monument place directly across the street from the Calvary office. They recommended them to her.

#12: Re: Gravesite Author: Cathy PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 10:09 am
    ----
I will be there with you both in spirit! kiss

#13: Re: Gravesite Author: MikeSavoca91 PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 9:21 pm
    ----
Oh that isn't my cousin. I would have sent you to him, because I would have made sure the stone came out perfect. Did you think about putting Carmeloni's picture on the stone? I hope I can get there when they lay the stone. YAY!

#14: Re: Gravesite Author: Cathy PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 10:56 pm
    ----
Gina501 wrote:
Hey Mike. Glad to see you! It would be great if you could come to Calvary when we lay the stone. I will tell you when that will be. My cousin used the monument place directly across the street from the Calvary office. They recommended them to her.
Pfff. You trust what Calgary tells you?!! Shocked *WHAP, WHAP* You get 2 whaps - only Liz gives 2 whaps, but I made an exception after all the trouble they gave you. Rolling Eyes

#15: Re: Gravesite Author: Gina501Location: Houston, Texas PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 9:45 am
    ----
Well hell, lets *whap* cousin Ginny. She's the one who went to the mounument place. That wasn't my decision!

-> General Discussion Groups