Click Here to Print Page

Page Topic: Need Info - GF was foundling from San Bartolomeo Val Cavagna
-> Northern Italy

#1: Need Info - GF was foundling from San Bartolomeo Val Cavagna Author: MelodyLocation: Flagstaff Arizona PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2013 9:20 pm
    ----
Hello,

I have a copy of my grand-fathers birth record. He was a foundling and sent to the Provincial Home of Foundlings Como Orphanage. I'm trying to locate his record of entry to the home of foundlings, and to acquire new record for genealogy purposes and hopefully providing more information. I also need help with preparing letter in Italian. To my understanding, the Archives from the "Brefotrofio Provinciale di Como" are not kept in the Como State Archive. The Provincial Home of Foundlings doesn't exist any more and this is why, I suppose, it's so difficult to find where the Archives with records are kept. Awhile back this address was provided to me.

Fausta Bicchierai
Ufficio Cultura della Provincia di Como
Villa Saporiti - I° piano
Via Borgovico, 148
22100 COMO
e-mail- fausta.bicchierai @ provincia.como.it

Thank You
Melody Violissi

#2: Re: Need Info - GF was foundling from San Bartolomeo Val Cavagna Author: Melanie532Location: North Carolina, USA PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2014 11:05 pm
    ----
Many times these homes were run by the Church so you may want to inquire at the diocesan archives.

-> Northern Italy