Click Here to Print Page

Page Topic: Rose Medvedieff
-> Non-Italian Genealogy

#1: Rose Medvedieff Author: mikhailraber PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 4:39 pm
    ----
Rosalia (Rose) Medvedieff was born in 1886 to an Jewish Orthodox Family and was very prominent young singer and she also played in a theater. Rose got married when she was 18 years old to theater prop man who was 10 years older then her (no one in my family remembers his 1st Name) and in 1913 the whole group were invited to New York to perform. Rose and her husband decided to stay in New York so they requested from US government if they can stay and they received approval in 1914 as I found out census of 1930s, her husband dies 5 years later and I have no idea where he was berried because on Rose's death certificate they didn't even mentioned his name at all. Rose worked as Insurance Saleswoman for Equitable Insurance in Manhattan. Rose lived in 1930 as a border at 215 Cathedral Pwky (Owner name was Rose Baron and second border Green Francis and she is NA) , from her death certificate it shows that she at some point moved to 310 W 95 St in Manhattan and on March 24 1937 she passed away . I know Rose was old enough to have her own social security and not be under her husband, but no one seems to find any records in Immigration database because she didn't go through Ellis Island but through the courts. I would like to find a lot more about her and possibly about her husband there is have to be a record some where, and their naturalization paperwork too.

#2: Re: Rose Medvedieff Author: nucciaLocation: Toronto, Ontario, Canada PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 5:07 am
    ----
Was Rose's married name Baron or Medvedieff? In the 1930 census, R Medvedieff is 44 [born 1886] and widowed. The age of her first marriage is 28 years old and she is a border. There is also a Rose Baron who is a widow but is 68. She was married first at 18.

-> Non-Italian Genealogy