Click Here to Print Page

Page Topic: Agostino Fenoglio - Verb 57
-> Northern Italy

#1: Agostino Fenoglio - Verb 57 Author: Galil PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2014 2:19 pm
    ----
Dear Readers!

I am researching a distant family member (Count) Agostino Fenoglio
Born Rome 10/12/1892
Died it would appear in Ethiopia 3/5/1941
Buried cimitero comunale Ventimiglia

He was a commander in the Italian Army

The Ministero dellav Difesa gives his place of death as "verb 57" which i understand to mean 'report 57'. Does anyone have any ideas what or where this could be' or how to find out?

He was married to Steffi Moses,, and they had two children Annita and Diego.
I believe Steffi remarried.

I also found mention of Diego in a magazine named "undersea world" from about 1963, as winner of a holiday to Tahiti! This is the translation of the snippet:

Mondo sommerso, Volume 5, Issues 1-5
(about 1963)
Front Cover
Editrice : "Cronograph" S.p.A. - Scuba diving

THE TRIP TO TAHITI Mr. Diego Fenoglio is the lucky winner of the trip for two to Tahiti and lives in Via Aurelia n. 141 Ventlntiglia to Latte, where he devoted himself professionally to floriculture. Fishing usually between Ventimiglia and Grimaldi.

If anyone can help with any information either about 'verb 57' or about what became of the family, I would be most grateful.

We also have several connections to Genoa

#2: Re: Agostino Fenoglio - Verb 57 Author: nucciaLocation: Toronto, Ontario, Canada PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2014 4:04 am
    ----
Quote::
The Ministero dellav Difesa gives his place of death as "verb 57" which i understand to mean 'report 57'. Does anyone have any ideas what or where this could be' or how to find out?

Have you tried writing to them and asking them to provide you with a copy of this and if they can offer you any other information? You may also want to write to the Comune and request a copy of his death act to see what is written on there.

Do you have the address or do yo need us to supply it to do?

By the way - pretty impressive job you've done so far! You seem to be quite resourceful!

#3: Re: Agostino Fenoglio - Verb 57 Author: Galil PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2014 3:36 pm
    ----
Dear Nuccia

Many thanks for your reply, which I have only just seen!

I would be very happy if you could give me the address, and I will get in touch with them.

#4: Re: Agostino Fenoglio - Verb 57 Author: liviomorenoLocation: Rome (Italy) PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2014 3:42 am
    ----
Write to
Commissariato Generale Onoranze Caduti in Guerra
Mail: onorcaduti @ onorcaduti.difesa.it

-> Northern Italy