Click Here to Print Page

Page Topic: New Member Guzzo
-> About Us

#1: New Member Guzzo Author: GuzzoSCLocation: USA PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2015 2:24 pm
    ----
Ciao. I've looked through your surnames and see a few Guzzo's and Mazza's, so here goes.
My grandparents came to West Virginia USA around 1905 from Caccuri, Calabria, Italy and later moved to Buffalo NY where I was raised. I know they had cousins in Shinnston WV, and in Corapolis PA in the USA.
My research is for the family of my grandfather Francesco Guzzo b.1877, which begins in San Giovanni in Fiore in the 1700's, then to Caccuri in the 1800's; his parents were Saverio Guzzo and Elisabetta Rao of Caccuri.
My grandmother Maria Mazza was from Caccuri or nearby. Her parents were Vincenzo Mazza and Maria Piccolo. She has several siblings who also came to the USA and some who did not. A brother Joseph was killed 1915 during WWI wearing the Italian uniform at Monte San Michele.
I look forward to meeting any cousins doing similar research, or any Italians who just want to talk about genealogy in Italy.

#2: Re: New Member Guzzo Author: nucciaLocation: Toronto, Ontario, Canada PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2015 8:52 am
    ----
Welcome to Gente! Is there anything we can do to help you with your research? If so please let us know!

#3: Re: New Member Guzzo Author: GuzzoSCLocation: USA PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2015 11:37 am
    ----
Nuccia,
Thank you so much for your welcome. I do not have a specific request for help right now except for members who have connections to the relationships I mentioned in Boomer/Shinnston WV, Corapolis PA, Buffalo NY or Caccuri Italy. I will try to respond to all inquiries as well. Many of my links to cousins and people from the "old neighborhoods" have not been planned but the result of someone following a familiar name or hunch. My grandparents picked produce south of Buffalo in the summers of 1920-1940, and this stirred memories from several other families who grew up on Swan & Myrtle Streets in Buffalo, which then led me to a trip to Brant NY where I met more people who knew my family. This discovery is a fascinating process.
Gail
GuzzoSC

-> About Us