Click Here to Print Page

Page Topic: Surname Serafini from Barga
-> Northern Italy

#1: Surname Serafini from Barga Author: LibbyLocation: Ontario Canada PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2015 1:41 am
    ----
Hi ...trying to find information on my father's family (Serafini) who emigrated to Scotland from Barga around 1900. Do not know my grandfather's first name ...his wife was called Rosa (I believe) ...my father was Olinto Serafini and was born October 1899 ...his older sister was named Julia. Any help in finding out more about my family roots would be appreciated.

#2: Re: Surname Serafini from Barga Author: drusilla PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2015 6:07 pm
    ----
You can find info on Serafini on Scotlands People

#3: Re: Surname Serafini from Barga Author: LibbyLocation: Ontario Canada PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2015 9:11 pm
    ----
Thank you, Drusilla ...I'll check it out.
Libby

#4: Re: Surname Serafini from Barga Author: martinagiardinoLocation: Rome PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2016 11:35 am
    ----
Do you ask to comune di Barga, Lu?
and in familysearch have
familysearch.org/searc...%3D2043811

yes, in Italy, but it's not difficult

#5: Re: Surname Serafini from Barga Author: MaryCaroline PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2016 9:37 am
    ----
Hi Libby,

My grandfather was Victor who I believe was your father Olinto's brother. I have some info that my aunt compiled, but it is at home and I am at work. I am new to this site...I just joined so I could answer you! Please message me and we can communicate.

Caroline

#6: Re: Surname Serafini from Barga Author: LibbyLocation: Ontario Canada PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2017 10:47 pm
    ----
Hi Caroline ...thank you for your reply, so sorry about the delay ...I rarely check this site, having found so much information elsewhwere about the family. Yes... we are related... so happy to meet you. Your grandfather (Vittorio-Victor) and my grandfather (Leopoldo-Poldo) were brothers. My father, Olinto (Tony), was named after our grandfathers' eldest brother, Olinto. You are probably aware, I am in touch with your cousin, Arnold Barnes and have been sharing my research with him ...he has copies of all the records (Italian, Scottish, American) and I am in the process of mailing more. Met with approximately 30 Scottish family members in July and am gradually establishing connections with all the branches (4 out of 8 so far). Have just set up a (closed) family Facebook group to help everyone keep in touch... Barga Serafini Family - Descendants of Antonio and Carlotta (Marchi) Serafini. Elizabeth Very Happy

-> Northern Italy