Click Here to Print Page

Page Topic: No Records Found-Something Hidden in Past?
-> Central Italy

#1: No Records Found-Something Hidden in Past? Author: DanceDiva234 PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2015 2:14 am
    ----
I am researching the family history and am as far back as my great great grandmother, Luisa D'Attellis born in Celenza, Foggia, Italy in about 1858. She was supposedly married twice and had three children- Frank, Joseph, and Catherine. She immigrated to America with her youngest children in 1902 and stayed in Kings, Brooklyn, NY for what I guess the rest of her life.

I cannot find ANY records other than immigration papers and random census' that give me info already known. I can't find any name of her husbands or a marriage certificate for that matter. Is there something being hidden about her past? Why wouldn't she have ANY records despite records of others in the family. She was living in America at the time of her death so she should have a death certificate.

Any info is greatly appreciated!

#2: Re: No Records Found-Something Hidden in Past? Author: Biff83Location: Florida PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2015 9:32 pm
    ----
Luisa and her children Giuseppe and Caterina arrived in 1902 with a destination of Waterbury CT to join her son. Can you clarify the Brooklyn connection and/or post census records you found with Luisa?

1902 manifest
interactive.ancestry.c...turnRecord

Biff

#3: Re: No Records Found-Something Hidden in Past? Author: Biff83Location: Florida PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2015 9:43 pm
    ----
Celenza Valfortore Genealogy

www.celenzaheritage.co.../find.html

Biff

#4: Re: No Records Found-Something Hidden in Past? Author: DanceDiva234 PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2015 10:24 pm
    ----
Biff83 wrote:
Luisa and her children Giuseppe and Caterina arrived in 1902 with a destination of Waterbury CT to join her son. Can you clarify the Brooklyn connection and/or post census records you found with Luisa?

1902 manifest
interactive.ancestry.c...turnRecord

Biff

The connections are correct. I know that they are related to them and that is their record.

#5: Re: No Records Found-Something Hidden in Past? Author: DanceDiva234 PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2015 10:52 pm
    ----
Biff83 wrote:
Celenza Valfortore Genealogy

www.celenzaheritage.co.../find.html

Biff

Thank you so much! I hear though that the last name D'Attellis is no longer popular in Italy. Hopefully it is still known in Celenza somewhere. My great grandmother (Luisa's daughter) married Pasquale Angelicola. I know there are plenty of those Wink

#6: Re: No Records Found-Something Hidden in Past? Author: DanceDiva234 PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2015 10:58 pm
    ----
I found one person with the last name D'Attellis from Foggia. I am so happy!

-> Central Italy