Click Here to Print Page

Page Topic: Need Help With a Translation, Please
-> Translations

#1: Need Help With a Translation, Please Author: nucciaLocation: Toronto, Ontario, Canada PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2007 2:24 pm
    ----
Can someone help translate this? Its dark I know but I really just want the names and any of the handwritten stuff. The rest of it I can figure out.

Thanks!

Oh..shoot..Cathy! I did it again! I juts can't seem to resize anything today! Crying or Very sad

#2: Re: Need Help With a Translation, Please Author: Cathy PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2007 2:51 pm
    ----
You need these documents this big so you can read them - the handwriting is much easier to figure out big. I am at work now and it is crazy here! It's 2 pm and I still have not had lunch!! I'll look at this later when I have more time - I have to get back to work now. Unless someone else can make it out?

#3: Re: Need Help With a Translation, Please Author: Biff83Location: Florida PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2007 3:04 pm
    ----
Groom--Francesco Macchione, son of Lorenzo and Rosa Nucci

Bride--Serafina? ??, daughter of Giovanni and the deceased Rosa Guco? Bride born in Paterno Calabro.

Witnesses--Giovanni Grandini?
and Domenico Spina

Best guess doing a quick look. If I have a chance later tonight, I'll take another look.

Baci ed abbracci,
Biff

#4: Re: Need Help With a Translation, Please Author: Cathy PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2007 3:40 pm
    ----
Paterno Calabro!! Shocked Another "home town" Nuccia? Rolling Eyes That is north of Malito. Is this a family document? giornale What is the groom's age? I can't make it out. 16? Shocked The bride is 18.

#5: Re: Need Help With a Translation, Please Author: nucciaLocation: Toronto, Ontario, Canada PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2007 3:45 pm
    ----
Yes, it is Cathy. Some one just emailed me about information on a Francesca Macchione and I found this document which I had once entered into my FTM but when the computer crashed, I lost a lot of files. I'm trying to re organize all my documents now..not an easy thing to do.

Oh, this was my maternal great aunt...

#6: Re: Need Help With a Translation, Please Author: Cathy PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 1:22 am
    ----
I agree with Biff said except I think the bride’s name is Teresina Misasi, aged 18, farmer, born in Paterno Calabro, lives in Malito. Daughter of Giovanni who lives in Malito and the late Rosa Guco who lived in Malito – but it appears they crossed out Malito and put a “(1)” there. Francesco appears to be in his teens but I cannot make the exact age out and he is a farmer too who was born in Malito. I agree with Biff on the witnesses but would like to add that Giovanni’s (Grandini) age is 24 but I cannot make out the first 4-6 letters of his profession. Domenico is 26 and a farmer. The notes at the bottom appear longer than most notes that I have seen on marriage acts. Since my comprehension of Italian is extremely limited, I cannot really read it but it appears there is something about Paterno Calabro there. I see Francesco’s signature – isn’t that amazing to be able to see the signatures of our ancestors all these years later. Speaking of years, I cannot make out the year, but the date of the document is February 2 (my dad’s birthday!). Maybe someone who speaks Italian can make out the bottom? Confused

#7: Re: Need Help With a Translation, Please Author: nucciaLocation: Toronto, Ontario, Canada PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 2:55 am
    ----
Thanks Biff and Cathy..

Just going over the document again. This is my great uncle's wedding record! The wife's name is Teresina Misasi. This would make sense actually since this is a surname I recognize. Looks like the mother's surname is Greco, (another name I recognize) who is deceased at the time of this wedding. I think Francesco looks to be 17...

Having determined that, now I just need the footnote translated. I never even thought to have that translated but now I'm curious. Lets see if there are any takers...

Thanks again!

#8: Re: Need Help With a Translation, Please Author: chanchisfea PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 8:04 am
    ----
No way I will try to decipher what the bottom area says, LOL, but about the other areas:

The year seems to be 1907 and Francesco's age reads as nineteen to me...

Liz Cool

#9: Re: Need Help With a Translation, Please Author: liviomorenoLocation: Rome (Italy) PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2007 11:46 am
    ----
chanchisfea wrote:
No way I will try to decipher what the bottom area says, LOL, but about the other areas:

The year seems to be 1907 and Francesco's age reads as nineteen to me...

Liz Cool
Francesco is 19. The marriage date is Feb 2nd, 1907.

#10: Re: Need Help With a Translation, Please Author: nucciaLocation: Toronto, Ontario, Canada PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2007 12:43 pm
    ----
Welcome Back, Livio! Very Happy

We missed you. Hope your vacation was wonderful! kiss

I am sending you a PM.

#11: Re: Need Help With a Translation, Please Author: Cathy PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2007 1:44 pm
    ----
WOO HOO! I missed you too Livio. I am so happy to see you back again! I hope you had lots of fun on your really long vacation! Very Happy

-> Translations