Click Here to Print Page

Page Topic: D'Agostino family of Sant'Elia Fiumerapido
-> Central Italy

#1: D'Agostino family of Sant'Elia Fiumerapido Author: Ed_B PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2016 2:03 pm
    ----
I am looking for any information on the ancestors of Antonio D'Agostino 1857-1923. He is my 2nd great grandfather, and I have been unable to trace the family any further back. I have heard that there is some connection to Sicily, but I don't know how far back that would be. Thanks in advance.

#2: Re: D'Agostino family of Sant'Elia Fiumerapido Author: nucciaLocation: Toronto, Ontario, Canada PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2016 11:24 am
    ----
Have you had a chance to look through the FamilySearch site? It's free to use. They seem to have records from the area but I haven't really looked through it . Here's the link to all the Italian records available. Hopefully something will help you. familysearch.org/searc...Id=1927178

#3: Re: D'Agostino family of Sant'Elia Fiumerapido Author: Ed_B PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2016 1:27 pm
    ----
Thank you. I have looked there but it doesn't seem to have any records for Sant'Elia Fiumerapido. I am wondering if the records were destroyed during the war as that area saw many battles.

#4: Re: D'Agostino family of Sant'Elia Fiumerapido Author: ItalysearcherLocation: Sora, Italy PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2016 7:33 am
    ----
Civil records were destroyed in WW2. The only civil records available are for people who were still alive after WW2 and they reconstructed their individula records. However many parish records did survive and can be searched personally with the permission of the local priest.

-> Central Italy