Click Here to Print Page

Page Topic: Lamarra family in Sant'Elia Fiumerapido
-> Central Italy

#1: Lamarra family in Sant'Elia Fiumerapido Author: garrysdad PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2016 1:28 am
    ----
Hello there.

I am looking at my Italian roots. Antonio and Nicola Lamarra came to Scotland in 1881/82. I believed that they were brothers, but as they had different fathers I now think that they may have been cousins. Their details are as follows :

Antonio Lamarra, born c1856 in Sant'Elia Fiumerapido , father's name Benedetto Lamarra. He married 3 times in Sant'Elia Fiumerapido. First wife Rosa Cuozzo in 1881. Second wife Francisca Massanella in 1883. Third wife Laititzia Viola in 1886.

Nicola Lamarra, born c1862 in Sant'Elia Fiumerapido. His father was Francesco Lamarra and his mother was Catherina Lanni. He married Petronella Minchello in 1884 in Sant'Elia Fiumerapido. I know lots about them once they came to Scotland but I do not know anything else about their Italian history. I would love to know about the time prior to 1881/2 and to have names of relatives, dates of births,marriages and deaths going back as far as possible. It would be great to have copies of documents and photos if they exist.

I do hope that you can help.

#2: Re: Lamarra family in Sant'Elia Fiumerapido Author: ItalysearcherLocation: Sora, Italy PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2016 3:30 am
    ----
Civil records in Sant'Elia were destroyed in WW2 so the only ones existing today are those conserved on microfilm 1809-1865 and the reconstructed records created by the people left alive after WW2. Parish records survived for the most part although there are some gaps in some parishes.

#3: Re: Lamarra family in Sant'Elia Fiumerapido Author: garrysdad PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2016 1:13 pm
    ----
Hello again.

Thanks for a very quick reply. I will contact my local LDS and ask for some microfiles to be sent.

What is the best way of finding out which Parish records I should be looking for if or when I visit Sant'Elia. Is there someone or an organisation who would be willing to look at the Parish records for me ?

Many thanks for your help.

David

#4: Re: Lamarra family in Sant'Elia Fiumerapido Author: ItalysearcherLocation: Sora, Italy PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2016 4:24 am
    ----
All the parish records are kept at the main church in Sant'Elia itself. The priest isn't going to do any research but the sacristan may be able to help.
If you need help with this send me a private message..
Ann Tatangelo
angelresearch.wordpress

#5: Re: Lamarra family in Sant'Elia Fiumerapido Author: garrysdad PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2016 8:55 am
    ----
Hello Ann.

Thanks again for a quick reply. I have ordered 2 microfilms from my local LDS centre. Once I have looked through them I will come back to you. Will there be a charge ( or suggested donation ) if I do use the local sacristan ?

best regards

David

-> Central Italy