Click Here to Print Page

Page Topic: Well mine 'went' in boats!
-> Where do I begin?

#1: Well mine 'went' in boats! Author: CaroleLocation: Valtellina - Near Lake Como PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2007 4:49 pm
    ----
Yes - it does seem that the more I/we look into the 'Naughty Nina' Saga - the more chance there is of Nina or her family having left for distant shores as immigrants and/or army personnel on more than one occasion!!!
I s'pose I shoudn't have expected anything else from such a wicked old lady - should I?

But for those of you who read Episode One of the Saga - >here is Episode Two <
You will see that the story is FAR from complete - so don't hold your breath for Episode Three.

BTW - I'm still playing around with the site - so I'm sorry if it is still a bit of a "Work in Progress". Can't make up my mind just how I want it to look!

#2: Re: Well mine 'went' in boats! Author: Gina501Location: Houston, Texas PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2007 4:55 pm
    ----
I have been waiting a LONG time for episode two....

#3: Re: Well mine 'went' in boats! Author: EmmyLocation: Scotland PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2007 5:36 pm
    ----
That's just facinating Carole.
Why oh why did our ancestors sometimes make it so difficult for us to trace them!?
Emmy

#4: Re: Well mine 'went' in boats! Author: Cathy PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2007 1:15 pm
    ----
Looks like you could use a lot of help here to get you to episode 3!! What can we do to help?

#5: Re: Well mine 'went' in boats! Author: CaroleLocation: Valtellina - Near Lake Como PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2007 6:27 pm
    ----
Cathy wrote:
Looks like you could use a lot of help here to get you to episode 3!! What can we do to help?

Thanks for the wonderful offer Cathy. I'm sure there is a lot of information out there.... but I need to collect the parts that are missing and see where we go from there.

I know Nuccia brain stormed it the other evening and has come up with birth details of Nina's first husband's (Charles Newcombe) siblings - it seems there were quite a few of them.

I am trying to find out if Richard Gunter (husband #2) had any connection with the 'tenancy' of William Shakespeare's first house called New Place/Nash's House in Stratford-upon-Avon. There may be some archives of the 'tenancies' which have gone on for a long long time as this house is one of many national monuments.
New Place, Stratford
My mother said she had lived there with Nina and the time would be around when Nina and Richard were married and she (mother) was sent away to boarding school. They checked for her attending there in the mid twenties, but I asked them to check on Offley or Payne. That's probably why there was 'no trace'...so it's back to them too.....this time to try Edmed OR Newcombe OR even Gunter.....HTG this is a nightmare! Confused

So lots of things to find out. In addition - what about the Edmeds in Halifax N.S. - did they finally settle there? All things to find out still. But the most important - to me - is where, and when, and using which surname, did our 'Nina' die?????

-> Where do I begin?