Click Here to Print Page

Page Topic: Please Help Translate Letter
-> Translations

#1: Please Help Translate Letter Author: debbiemfit PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2018 5:17 pm
    ----
Hi All,

I would greatly, greatly appreciate it if someone could help translate this letter for me! I received a response from the State Archives or Varese, where I sent in a request for a family record. I entered it into Google Translate, but the translation was terrible, and I can't piece together what the instructions say in order to obtain the record, except for sending 2 Euro.

I think it says it found my ggf's military record, and to send 2 Euro to somewhere ?? It seems there are several steps. This is the first Italian record I have found for him, and so, am very excited to get it!

Please help translate,

Thank you so much !

Debbie

#2: Re: Please Help Translate Letter Author: nucciaLocation: Toronto, Ontario, Canada PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2018 6:47 am
    ----
This is standard. Yes, if you send them the euros (cash only) to the address in the letter and
they will mail out the documents to you. You can get Euros at the bank or an airport if you are close to one. I photocopied my letter, put the euros in between the letter well hidden as sometimes the mail has been known to be opened and the money stolen, and mailed away for the documents. I only used bills so I always suggest to round up as it's less heavy therefore less easy to spot. Does this help?

#3: Re: Please Help Translate Letter Author: debbiemfit PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2018 9:14 am
    ----
Hi Nuccia,

Thanks for your help! Can you please tell me the specific instructions? It looks as though there are two accounts and several steps she mentions, and the translation is confusing.

Thank you for your help !

Debbie

#4: Re: Please Help Translate Letter Author: nucciaLocation: Toronto, Ontario, Canada PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2018 2:18 am
    ----
I would photocopy these letters. Buy some Euros - it says 2 euros per document so round up and get bills, not coins. Put the money in between the photocopies and mail to
Archivio di Stato di Varese
Via Col Di Lana 5
21100 Varese
ITALIA

That's pretty much it. They will know what to do.

-> Translations