Click Here to Print Page

Page Topic: A big favour please
-> General Discussion Groups

#16: Re: A big favour please Author: chanchisfea PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2007 9:23 am
    ----
Quote::
I also found a death notice for Nicholas v. Ciccone born 1920 died 1993 in Macomb Michigan but no address given unless you have ancestry.
Would the information given give a link to his parent's / living relatives names. I have a feeling that this may be my grandfather's brother's grandson-
(my grandfather's brother ? my great uncle?)
Emmy

Emmy, would it be too much to go at it from a different angle just to make sure we got the right Nicholas Ciccone Wink What was your grandfather's brother's name????

According to the 1930 Census, this is Nicholas V. Ciccone's family:

Name: Nicholas Ciccone
Home in 1930: Detroit, Wayne, Michigan
Estimated birth year: abt 1920
Relation to Head of House: Son
Father's name: Anthony
Mother's name: Mary

Parents' birthplace: Italy

Household Members:

Anthony Ciccone 52
Mary Ciccone 48
Angeline Ciccone 23
John Ciccone 16
Nicholas Ciccone 10

Source Citation: Year: 1930; Census Place: Detroit, Wayne, Michigan; Roll: 1044; Page: 3A; Enumeration District: 326; Image: 685.0.

Liz Cool

RaicesOnline

#17: Re: A big favour please Author: EmmyLocation: Scotland PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2007 10:16 am
    ----
Yes Liz this is the family. The dates all fit in.(This inf. was also found on It.Gen. forum.) The mother's name when she was born was Maria Cristina Defilippis but it seems she then signed herself Mary. (my grandfather's brother's name was Tommaso Defilippis - Maria Cristina's father - but from ships manifest, Tommaso was back in Italy in 1921 he was listed as being the relative left in Italy when Maria and Antonio's daughter Benedetta (she was born in Italy 1905)left Italy to join her mum and dad at 1457 Rowene Street Detroit Michigan.) I have a copy of Antonio and Maria's wedding certificate they were married in Greenwich London 8th August 1903 she was 19 he was 25 at that time. Antonio's father was named Giovanno. The one thing that puzzles me is the 'V' (Nicholas V Ciccone because thats not on the census but maybe they didnt put middle names in on census forms.

Still dont know what happened to my grandfather's brother in Italy havent found his death record yet

But if Nicholas V. Ciccone is defiantely the Nicholas on the 1930 census How do you go about to find out if he was married and had any children? (maybe the Josephine mentioned could be his wife?)
Thanks for giving your time to this Liz its much appreciated
Emmy

#18: Re: A big favour please Author: chanchisfea PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2007 10:25 am
    ----
Emmy, Josephine is either Nicholas' wife or a sister (which we can't dismiss because there could have been more Ciccone children born after 1930...too bad we can't get access to 1940 Census yet...)

In any case, I can send you the "last" known phone number listed for Josephine (in Ancestry) and you could try giving her a call and see if: 1) she is still alive, 2) she is either "wife" or "sister" of the deceased Nicholas, and 3) if she is his wife, then try to get info about them having any children Wink

Liz Cool

RaicesOnline

#19: Re: A big favour please Author: chanchisfea PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2007 10:42 am
    ----
Emmy, I just sent you an email....let me know if you receive it, ok. Very Happy

Liz Cool

RaicesOnline

#20: Re: A big favour please Author: EmmyLocation: Scotland PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2007 11:08 am
    ----
Haven't received it Liz I've sent you a p.m.
Emmy

#21: Re: A big favour please Author: EmmyLocation: Scotland PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2007 2:59 pm
    ----
Thanks Liz
Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed I've just found a pm that Liz sent me last month Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed
think think think For all us 'old yins' Why dont you get a bell to ring when there's a p.m. been sent Idea hide
Just to let you know I did try to 'phone the number you sent me Liz and it was ringing but no answer so I'll definately keep trying until I get through.

I will find someone yet I'm sure of it I dont give in easily!! Smile
Emmy

#22: Re: A big favour please Author: chanchisfea PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2007 3:04 pm
    ----
Emmy, don't worry! I don't expect everyone to be computer obsessed like me, lol Shocked Mr. Green Shocked

BTW, I just sent you a huge email Wink

Liz Cool

RaicesOnline

#23: Re: A big favour please Author: nucciaLocation: Toronto, Ontario, Canada PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2007 3:09 pm
    ----
Emmy,

There is a setting on your registration details which you can set to tell you through your email when you get a PM..If you are like me, you may even get a pop up when you receive one..although I'm not sure why.

If you like, I can set it up for you. Also, remember to check the top of the page when you log in. It tells you if you have a message.

Oh..and you may have missed the PM because it may have been when we were transferring servers.

Let me know if you want me to do this.

#24: Re: A big favour please Author: EmmyLocation: Scotland PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2007 4:26 pm
    ----
Liz I havent received the email Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed
Maybe if you tried using the other email address I gave you
Did you receive all the emails from me-- big Embarassed Embarassed there too but I think I fixed it eventually.

Thanks Nuccia but I think I've learned my lesson I'll look at the top of the page every time I log in from now on.

Emmy

#25: Re: A big favour please Author: EmmyLocation: Scotland PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2007 4:45 pm
    ----
Can someone tell me whats wrong with my emails/computer - or is it me?

I've sent 4 separate emails with a link from 4 individual documents
When I checked the emails 'sent box' just after I sent each one it was the correct document, and it was a different document on each email but when I returned to the 'sent' box once I had sent them all and checked them again each document was identical!!!
Where are all the gremlins coming from?????

Emmy

#26: Re: A big favour please Author: EmmyLocation: Scotland PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 3:38 am
    ----
Thanks Carole for explaining - I was trying to do the impossible Embarassed
Once again it was ME and not the computer.
Emmy

#27: Re: A big favour please Author: chanchisfea PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 7:51 am
    ----
Hi Emmy! Smile

I checked each one of the emails and the first one you sent (1841 Census) was the only one that worked (not very clear, but somewhat legible). Don't sweat it! I'll do this: neclord for you Wink

You are a sweatheart kiss

Oh, I added you to my Skype list.... hide (warning: must be ready to get whapped, more so on Whap Whap Friday!!....Just ask Cathy)

Liz Cool

RaicesOnline

#28: Re: A big favour please Author: EmmyLocation: Scotland PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 4:09 pm
    ----
Come on Cathy put me in the picture what happens on Friday?
Emmy

#29: Re: A big favour please Author: Cathy PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 4:39 pm
    ----
Every Friday is "Whap Whap Friday" - a little invention of Liz's. Do not be surprised if she whaps you! Personally, I see Liz's whaps as a term of affection - but then, what do I know! It just occurred to me we have never talked!! Shocked I haven't heard a good Scottish brogue since my uncle died. Would love to talk with you sometime! Very Happy

#30: Re: A big favour please Author: liviomorenoLocation: Rome (Italy) PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 1:24 am
    ----
Cathy wrote:
Every Friday is "Whap Whap Friday" ...

What does Whap mean? I couldn't find this word in any dictionary.

-> General Discussion Groups