Click Here to Print Page

Page Topic: Email forwarding...
-> General Discussion Groups

#1: Email forwarding... Author: chanchisfea PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 8:11 am
    ----
Okay, so I'm one of the few (or maybe many) people who dislikes email forwarding -aka- receive junk mail that has been sent to countles amount of people.

As I received one today, like many other days Neutral , I decided to check the likelihood of whether or not the "story" was true or just a hoax. Normally, I just delete this type of emails as I am not going to forward stuff that I wouldn't want to receive myself, no duh!

I checked the one today only because it was about a "missing" young man and it struck me as funny that there was no missing date stated (just the words: missing for two weeks) and it was very vague. Anyways, I went to www.snopes.com and sure enough it's a HOAX! one of those "urban legends" type of thing that keeps on being passed as true. Evil or Very Mad

Okay, now I feel better... I needed to get that out Mr. Green

Carry on...

Liz Cool

RaicesOnline

#2: Re: Email forwarding... Author: nucciaLocation: Toronto, Ontario, Canada PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 1:09 pm
    ----
You know what Liz..I stopped forwarding a lot of emails to for the same reason. There are still a few I do...mostly the ones that I think certain people would like so I only send it to them, but after sending one once Carole tried to open it and it said there was a virus on it. I learned my lesson after that...I now usually just delete them too.

#3: Re: Email forwarding... Author: ElevenLocation: New York PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 11:48 pm
    ----
I detest this sort of thing. I delete them, unread and I dont care who sent them.

I have been on the internet since it was only text and thumb print graphics. Most of the garbage these people sent, I saw before they knew what a computer was for.Then there is the junk, they just forward, without bothering to find out if the tale is true.

Early on..as the people I know began to get computers, I asked nicely, for them not to send me computer jokes, chain letters or anything else they get and feel the need to pass on. I actually had one friend of a friend, get angry. Oh well..at least I knew I would never get her junk mail, again.

I have one cousin, that sends me things. A few times, I emailed back, to tell her they were hoaxes. I dont want to offend her by telling her..to stop sending me this garbage. So..as soon as I see the title..I delete it, unread. At least I got it down to one person.

-> General Discussion Groups