Click Here to Print Page

Page Topic: Steet names in Italy
-> General Discussion Groups

#1: Steet names in Italy Author: Cathy PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 10:09 pm
    ----
I found some very interesting street names - names I know. Via Luigi Napolitano in Montalto Uffugo is one of them. So, how can I find out when this street was named and who was it named for? I know this is probably impossible, but I am hoping!

#2: Re: Steet names in Italy Author: liviomorenoLocation: Rome (Italy) PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2007 1:40 am
    ----
Cathy wrote:
I found some very interesting street names - names I know. Via Luigi Napolitano in Montalto Uffugo is one of them. So, how can I find out when this street was named and who was it named for? I know this is probably impossible, but I am hoping!
The mayor of Montalto Uffugo could answer to both questions.

#3: Re: Street names in Italy Author: Cathy PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2007 11:09 am
    ----
Really? How about the previous mayor? The previous mayor is a Garrafa and may be related to me or my new found Garrafa cousin in Argentina (you missed that Livio - it happened while you were gone. I was dancing with happiness!). Would the mayor answer me though? The reason I want to know is because the street is near the Vaccarizzo - Parantoro border and I have suspected for a long time that the original family farm crossed the borders of the 2 villiages. If this street was named after my Luigi (my great, great, great grandfather) then it will give me more reason to believe this. This may give me a better idea as to where my grandfather grew up.

#4: Re: Street names in Italy Author: liviomorenoLocation: Rome (Italy) PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2007 11:43 am
    ----
Cathy wrote:
Really? How about the previous mayor? The previous mayor is a Garrafa and may be related to me or my new found Garrafa cousin in Argentina (you missed that Livio - it happened while you were gone. I was dancing with happiness!). Would the mayor answer me though? The reason I want to know is because the street is near the Vaccarizzo - Parantoro border and I have suspected for a long time that the original family farm crossed the borders of the 2 villiages. If this street was named after my Luigi (my great, great, great grandfather) then it will give me more reason to believe this. This may give me a better idea as to where my grandfather grew up.
I believe that the previous mayor may help too, especially if he is related to you!!!

-> General Discussion Groups