Click Here to Print Page

Page Topic: What are "Notificazione" records?
-> Translations

#1: What are "Notificazione" records? Author: JB5150Location: Florida PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2007 2:13 am
    ----
There are some LDS record films called "Notificazione" from the Registri dello stato civile in Modica. Anyone know what these would be? Are these like marriage banns or something?

#2: Re: What are "Notificazione" records? Author: Cathy PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2007 11:33 am
    ----
A "Notificazione" is the same as a pubblicazione which are marriage banns. They give a lot of information and are well worth the effort of ordering and reading. Here is a great site that will help you with what the various documents mean and more:
CLICK HERE
If you would like to see a sample of an actual pubblicazione:
i230.photobucket.com/a...ione18.jpg
Extractions from the pubblicazione's:
www.calabriangenealogy...azione1879
I hope this helps.

#3: Re: What are "Notificazione" records? Author: JB5150Location: Florida PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2007 11:14 pm
    ----
Thanks, Cathy! I will definitely order this film. I've bookmarked the glossary, too-- it looks like it will be very helpful!

#4: Re: What are "Notificazione" records? Author: nucciaLocation: Toronto, Ontario, Canada PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2007 11:22 pm
    ----
Hey cathy..

Thats a great link. Not sure I ever saw that page before but I also bookmarked it.

Glad Cathy was able to answer your question, JB5150.

Look forward to hearing more from you. Very Happy

#5: Re: What are "Notificazione" records? Author: DaveFerroLocation: Auburn NY PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 2:48 am
    ----
Hi,
That site has been very helpful as Essgee found some marriage docs for the Nervinos and I can read most of them thanks to the glossary. Wanted to thank whoever posted it but couldn't find where I saw it, so thanks, Cathy.

I've been reading it to my mother and she keeps saying Oh yeah, repeating the phrases but clipping off the endings as usual.

Dave

-> Translations