Click Here to Print Page

Page Topic: Any of you use Rosetta Stone for learning Italian?
-> General Discussion Groups

#1: Any of you use Rosetta Stone for learning Italian? Author: JB5150Location: Florida PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 12:27 am
    ----
Hi everyone,

For those of you who are native English speakers as well as speakers of Italian, how did you learn? I recently got the Rosetta Stone program, which has an interesting approach, but I'm not sure how well it will actually work (I guess we shall see).

I studied Spanish for 4 years in high school, and our focus there was on a LOT of vocabulary as well as conjugating verbs and verb tenses (much of which I have since forgotten), so the Rosetta Stone program is totally different for me. (For those of you who have never tried it, it is a "total immersion" type of program where you learn words and phrases in the new language through inferences. They actually have a nice free demo on their web site if you want to try it out).

I have heard from many people that the only way to be truly fluent is to live in a native speaking country and immerse yourself in the language, but unfortunately that isn't possible for me at the moment. I'm very interested in hearing what things others have tried, though!

#2: Re: Any of you use Rosetta Stone for learning Italian? Author: nucciaLocation: Toronto, Ontario, Canada PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 9:29 am
    ----
Thanks for telling us this..

Do you have the link to the website where we can try the demo? I'd be interested in seeing it.

#3: Re: Any of you use Rosetta Stone for learning Italian? Author: liviomorenoLocation: Rome (Italy) PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 10:33 am
    ----
nuccia wrote:
Thanks for telling us this..

Do you have the link to the website where we can try the demo? I'd be interested in seeing it.

www.rosettastone.com/

#4: Re: Any of you use Rosetta Stone for learning Italian? Author: nucciaLocation: Toronto, Ontario, Canada PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 10:47 am
    ----
Thank you Livio! Very Happy

#5: Re: Any of you use Rosetta Stone for learning Italian? Author: ElevenLocation: New York PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 9:51 pm
    ----
Oooh I wanna look, too.

I tried many methods to learn Italian. I know a lot of words and phrases, but I cant really converse..nor understand everything.

I tried books and a computer program. What I found is, I cant retain anything for long and am left with mostly the Italian that I have know from childhood..those same words and phrases.

I really believe, when we learn, new..if we dont use it..we lose it.

Anyway, I want to check this out. Thanks.

-> General Discussion Groups