Click Here to Print Page

Page Topic: Pubblicazione help
-> Translations

#1: Pubblicazione help Author: Cathy PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 10:33 pm
    ----
I am working on 1881 pubblicazione's and am having difficulty with a few of them. But this one is the sister of my grandfather's step father (his step aunt?). I am having trouble with her intended spouses surname and his mother's surname. Her mother is Carmela Garrafa - Domenico Garrafa's sister. For those of you that remember his pictures I posted.
Any help (even guesses) would be appreciated. Here's the link to the image: www.calabriangenealogy...pubb32.jpg

#2: Re: Pubblicazione help Author: liviomorenoLocation: Rome (Italy) PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 2:15 am
    ----
Groom: Giuseppe Ritacca (18 years old) son of Carmine Ritacca (53 years old) and Giuseppina Presta.

Bride: Luisa De Seta (17 years old) daughter of Giuseppe De Seta (40 years old) and Carmela Garrafa.

#3: Re: Pubblicazione help Author: Cathy PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 12:42 pm
    ----
Thanks Livio! Since this is going in the family tree software I wanted to make sure I had the last names correct.
I have a couple of occupations that keep popping up on documents that do not translate in dictionaries, translation software or on websites I use for occupation translations. May I ask for help here? It may be calbrese dialect - I am not sure.

#4: Re: Pubblicazione help Author: CaroleLocation: Valtellina - Near Lake Como PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 5:23 pm
    ----
Any help with translations can be sought here....

If one person can't help there are many others who either can, or will be willing to, try and decipher either the handwriting, terminology or for that matter anything else that is causing problems. think

Fire away.... we're waiting giornale

#5: Re: Pubblicazione help Author: liviomorenoLocation: Rome (Italy) PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 2:17 am
    ----
Cathy wrote:
Thanks Livio! Since this is going in the family tree software I wanted to make sure I had the last names correct.
I have a couple of occupations that keep popping up on documents that do not translate in dictionaries, translation software or on websites I use for occupation translations. May I ask for help here? It may be calbrese dialect - I am not sure.

Cathy, about the last names, I checked on the White pages, Ritacca and Presta are valid surnames in Monalto Uffugo.

As for the occupations, I see only two occupations mentioned in this document:

- Bracciante = Daily laborer, farmhand, farm laborer.
- Contadino = Farmer

#6: Re: Pubblicazione help Author: Cathy PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 7:35 am
    ----
Yes Livio, I was asking if it would be too much if I linked other documents. I have been completing transcriptions of pubblicaziones for entire years from my grandfather's town. There is an occupation that keeps popping up that does not translate. I will provide a link to a few images this weekend. I have gotten frustrated with going back to the same microfilm over and over again to find new surnames so I am doing the whole town now. I have found 103 first cousins of my grandfather and know I am still missing many. He had a huge family. As I go back further in time, it is not easy keeping track of all these people. I am getting quite confused! Shocked

#7: Re: Pubblicazione help Author: liviomorenoLocation: Rome (Italy) PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 11:11 am
    ----
If you link other document I may try to decipher them....

-> Translations