Click Here to Print Page

Page Topic: Puzzled?
-> Translations

#1: Puzzled? Author: EmmyLocation: Scotland PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 2:02 pm
    ----
I was at the FHC today and was checking out a birth act. (sorry dont have copy to post) On the birth act (1855) it stated -Niente Padre- I know this means the child was illegitimate. The child's name on the birth act was Giuseppe Bastianello and his mother's name was Teresa.
At the bottom of this document it was very difficult to make out the writing
but it was something like this:- Febr.1875 avant l'?? dello fatto S'Elia Fiumerapido requido? ?? Giuseppe Ponio ricond?spello? mio figlio legittimo Giuseppe Bastianello pa??scae spre/ condratto con Teresa Bastianello gr??ta l'alto di riconq??mat?? per etc etc Could this mean that Teresa has married and her husband is 'adopting the child as his own or has the true father come forward?

At the other side of the birth act at the bottom It has Feb 1882 avant l'? della fatto S'Elia F Sposo Giuseppe Ponio conMaria Sofia Soave etc. So it does seem that his surname has changed from Bastianello to Ponio

I know what I've written isnt much to go on but I'm just curious. Would be grateful for your opinions.
Emmy

#2: Re: Puzzled? Author: Gina501Location: Houston, Texas PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 3:22 pm
    ----
Wow, Emmy. This kind of stuff fascinates me. I'd be interested in knowing if you are correct. It amazes me that the Italians kept such perfect, detailed records back to 1800 and I can't even simple answers about my family from Syria in the year 2007.

I hope you get your answer - I'm curious too!

#3: Re: Puzzled? Author: Cathy PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 3:44 pm
    ----
Me too. Emmy you do find the most interesting things on your documents!

#4: Re: Puzzled? Author: EmmyLocation: Scotland PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 3:51 pm
    ----
I just wished I could get a 'clear' copy to be able to post it here I was even using a magnifying glass today and that didnt even help muchOne thing I've learned from all this is If I'm ever writing any information down It would be better if I typed it
Emmy

#5: Re: Puzzled? Author: EmmyLocation: Scotland PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 4:15 pm
    ----
I found I did take a photograph of that birth act I've tried scanning it to enlarge the information at the bottom of the birth act but I thnk its too blurred to make anything out.

Emmy

-> Translations