Click Here to Print Page

Page Topic: Shall we start a 'Story Book?'
-> General Discussion Groups

#1: Shall we start a 'Story Book?' Author: CaroleLocation: Valtellina - Near Lake Como PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 3:05 am
    ----
It ocurred to me this morning that as time moves on and we all uncover new things about our ancestors, out family histories are unfolding somewhat piecemeal.....

I began my search for my grandmother as a 'story' really, I had NO IDEA where to begin as far as genealogical research went, that came later.

BUT I do know that the first episode of that "Skeleton In he Cupboard" has now lead to further episodes as the facts are revealed and a lot of people read that story..... I wonder how many would follow it though if I just found 'another bit', and only added it piecemeal to my database and to 'one off' posts here or on other genealogy sites? Doing that makes it just data and not "A Story"

SO - THE IDEA......

Why don't we open a Forum for "OUR STORIES"?
For example - I could open a thread called (whatever) but maybe "The Naughty Nina Saga", where I could tell the family story as it unfolds and add new posts to it as and when they are discovered. With - of course - HOW it was done.....

I can see many advantages to this, not least being that it would encourage 'Newbie Reasearchers' that success CAN be had, but it [i]will
take time.... (how many give up at the first hurdle? I know I did years ago, but I came back to it, and look at what is happening. I know itis the same for most of you too - and what better way to share all your successes?

I'm going to try to add a 'Poll' on this thread, but I would really apreciate your thoughts on it too - please....

#2: Re: Shall we start a 'Story Book?' Author: nucciaLocation: Toronto, Ontario, Canada PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2007 2:42 am
    ----
I really like this idea Carole and judging my the votes, so do others. What do you suggest? A separate board just for "My Family Story"?

#3: Re: Shall we start a 'Story Book?' Author: Romano1970Location: Colorado PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2011 11:21 am
    ----
Why dont we move forward with Carole's suggestion? We could do this in her name and out of respect for the idea she has left us with.

#4: Re: Shall we start a 'Story Book?' Author: nucciaLocation: Toronto, Ontario, Canada PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2011 9:46 pm
    ----
Mike you're right - we should. Its been just a crazy few months but I think it may be time to get back to the basics. Thank you for reminding us ,,,,

#5: Re: Shall we start a 'Story Book?' Author: jamie-texas PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 5:18 am
    ----
Thats really a great idea

Last edited by jamie-texas on Wed Feb 22, 2012 1:13 pm; edited 1 time in total

#6: Re: Shall we start a 'Story Book?' Author: nucciaLocation: Toronto, Ontario, Canada PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2011 6:45 am
    ----
I will try to create the new board within a few weeks. Smile

#7: Re: Shall we start a 'Story Book?' Author: tomchen PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2011 11:23 pm
    ----
This is a good idea, please hold on, come on!

#8: Re: Shall we start a 'Story Book?' Author: DukenchampLocation: Evans, Ga PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2013 7:06 am
    ----
Think its good. Maybe the stories and some trees.
Carlo

-> General Discussion Groups