Click Here to Print Page

Page Topic: #1 Fan of Riccardo
-> General Discussion Groups

#1: #1 Fan of Riccardo Author: Cathy PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2007 11:04 am
    ----
Riccardo did it again! I swear that man knows magic! As if finding all the records of WWI deaths for every soldier who died in Montalto Uffugo and San Fili was not enough (close to 200 men that he found and transcribed into english for me)!!!
He found the Italian Military draft record of my grandfather!!! Evidently my grandfather had his military physical before he left Italy! Now, I have a date narrowed down as to when he came here! I can't find his manifest but this is better! Here is what he found for me:

Page 1

Page 2
OH YEAH!!!! Riccardo rocks!!!!
party
*dancing on clouds*

party

#2: Re: #1 Fan of Riccardo Author: Cathy PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2007 11:11 am
    ----
I got so excited I forgot to post a link to my webpages that have his wonderful transcriptions of the WWI dead. Anyone who has transcribed records can clearly see how much hard work was put into this:
Montalto Uffugo WWI Deaths
San Fili WWI Deaths

#3: Re: #1 Fan of Riccardo Author: chanchisfea PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2007 2:18 pm
    ----
party

Cathy, I'm very happy for and I am very happy for everything Riccardo has done for you, me and I many more members of this forum.

Thanks to him, now I know who the great-great-great grandparents of my husband are!! So, I'll definitely celebrate with you Mr. Green

Thank you Riccardo!!! kiss

Liz Cool

#4: Re: #1 Fan of Riccardo Author: chanchisfea PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2007 2:22 pm
    ----
Oh, I forgot to mention...

Your pages are so awesome! I hope all the hard work you have put into them brings others not only smiles when they find their relative within those pages, but hopefully they will realize how much work and time went into them and they will be thankful that someone did something like that.

And you do know... As soon as I get my butt to the Family Research Center, I'll be following your footsteps Wink

Liz Cool

#5: Re: #1 Fan of Riccardo Author: nucciaLocation: Toronto, Ontario, Canada PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2007 3:28 pm
    ----
Whoo Hoo! Can I join in the party, too? party

-> General Discussion Groups