Click Here to Print Page

Page Topic: Italian Language Links
-> Translations

#1: Italian Language Links Author: Biff83Location: Florida PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 3:44 am
    ----
Since so many of us need to at least read and write basic Italian, I've posted a few sites which I have found helpful for the study of Italian and/or translating.

Word Reference Dictionary and Verb Conjugator

Basic Italian Grammar

Interactive Italian Lessons

Italian Grammar, Vocabulary and Phrase Builder

Pronunciation Practice

Italian Language Activities

Biff

Last edited by Biff83 on Fri Dec 21, 2007 8:46 pm; edited 1 time in total

#2: Re: Italian Language Links Author: Poipu04Location: Connecticut PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 3:48 am
    ----
Excellent resources, Biff! I love that verb conjugator. That already helped me with some of my questions in my other post. I was not sure if abitare gets essere or avere in the past perfect tense but it looks like it is avere.

#3: Re: Italian Language Links Author: CaroleLocation: Valtellina - Near Lake Como PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 4:29 am
    ----
Biff thank you so much for that impressive list of links to help with understanding the Italian language.

I have a feeling that it will be used quite a lot Rolling Eyes and is going to be very, very useful. For that reason I've classified it as a 'Sticky' so it will stay at the TOP of this thread and people will be able to find and access it with ease.

Complimenti e grazie mille!

#4: Re: Italian Language Links Author: Biff83Location: Florida PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 6:37 am
    ----
Carole,
Thanks for making this topic a Sticky. When I find any other useful links, I'll edit my original post to add them. After using the online translation programs for a while, it became pretty obvious that the only way I was going to read and write Italian was by studying the language.

Un abbraccio,
Biff

#5: Re: Italian Language Links Author: liviomorenoLocation: Rome (Italy) PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 3:25 am
    ----
I don't remember who suggested them for the first time, however the following links are also useful:

Rosetta Stone

Italian to English Vocabulary (Help with family history documents)

#6: Re: Italian Language Links Author: gogangaLocation: North Italy PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2008 6:53 am
    ----
I found this web page about Italian mail abbreviations and I already posted it on Amici Over the Ocean in the Italian Language forum.
I don't remember if it has alredy been posted here, but anyway... here's the link: Abbreviazioni Italiane.
I think it's interesting and helpful.

#7: Re: Italian Language Links Author: Calabriadonna PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 5:51 am
    ----
www.oddcast.com/demos/...hp?clients

This one is useful in a different way. You key in the Italian word you want to hear in Italian, select Italian, and the little people there say it for you in Italian. Try it..... try surnames, comunes, anything. What do you think?

Donna

#8: Re: Italian Language Links Author: AmorC027Location: Missouri PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 7:50 pm
    ----
Biff and Donna - these sites are awesome! Thanks for sharing...very helpful, not only for research but also for the early Italian student like me!

Michelle

-> Translations