Click Here to Print Page

Page Topic: Need help with letter please
-> Translations

#16: Re: Need help with letter please Author: nucciaLocation: Toronto, Ontario, Canada PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 2:57 pm
    ----
Emmy,

I'm so happy for you! How remarkable too that everyone married on that same day...makes you really think.

#17: Re: Need help with letter please Author: VincenzaLocation: Michigan PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 3:51 pm
    ----
Emmy, WOW! That is great news!!

party

Vincenza

#18: Re: Need help with letter please Author: Cathy PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 6:41 pm
    ----
WOW!! Congrats on your great luck! That is marvelous. What a strange coincidence on the wedding dates! Kind of makes you wonder!
party

#19: Re: Need help with letter please Author: chanchisfea PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 9:03 pm
    ----
party

Woohoo!! I'm very happy for you Emmy!!! kiss

"Il Parroco" (not panoco) is "the Priest" Wink

Cool

#20: Re: Need help with letter please Author: EmmyLocation: Scotland PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 4:55 am
    ----
Thank You all, still find it hard to believe I've received this.
Liz kiss and thanks for telling me its the 'priest' who sent this to me. I feel I'd like to jump in a 'plane and go and give him a BIG HUG.

and I know I'm being very impatient but I wish some kind person would translate the letter (which is posted) for me so I could write to thank him.

Emmy

#21: Re: Need help with letter please Author: liviomorenoLocation: Rome (Italy) PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 5:45 am
    ----

Emmy, this is a true copy, certified by the parish priest (parroco), of the actual marriage record of the marriage of De Filippis Giambattista e Bastianello Francesca. The document is written in Latin and following is the transcript and the English translation
:
34. De Filippis Giambattista e Bastianello Francesca = Anno D(omi)ni 1876 die 31 De(cem)bris.
Joannes Baptista de Filippis Dominici et Mariae Josephae Fionda, et Francisca Bastianello filia Paschal in Ec(clesi)ae S(anct)ae Mariae Indulgentiarum, praemissis tribus denunciationibus [coram] populo ad divina congregato, nulloque impedimento adlato, per verba de praesenti mutuo consensu habito, de mandato, coniuncti sunt in matrimonio a P. Joele de Traietto, praesentibus D(omin)o Benedicto La Marra et Fra(tr)e Joanne Thoma a Sora = Marcus Lanni Archip(resbite)r Curatus.

34. De Filippis Giambattista e Bastianello Francesca = The year of Lord 1876, December 31st.
Giovanni Battista de Filippis son of Domenico and Maria Giuseppa Fionda, and Francesca Bastianello daughter of Pasquale, in the Church of Santa Maria delle Indulgenze, after three marriage banns, and since there were no impediment expressed, after the consensus given by the people attending, with my permission, are united in marriage by Father Joele de Traietto, attending Don(?) Benedetto La Marra and Frate Giovanni Thoma da Sora. Marco Lanni Arciprete e Curato.

Last edited by liviomoreno on Wed Oct 17, 2007 1:34 pm; edited 2 times in total

#22: Re: Need help with letter please Author: EmmyLocation: Scotland PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 7:33 am
    ----
Many Thanks Livio I'd be very grateful if you would do that for me
Emmy

#23: Re: Need help with letter please Author: liviomorenoLocation: Rome (Italy) PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 12:00 pm
    ----
Emmy wrote:
Many Thanks Livio I'd be very grateful if you would do that for me
Emmy
You can find my post here

#24: Re: Need help with letter please Author: EmmyLocation: Scotland PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 4:33 pm
    ----
Many Thanks again Livio
I saw the post but OHHHH! I dont really understand many word in Italian. But the general idea I got from the reply you had was that the person only knew a little Latin and was doing the best they could to give a little help and they hoped someone else who was more qualified would give a better response.
Did I get it correct?? Embarassed No?!! Embarassed
I found a page in Familysearch.org that gave the meaning of Latin words but the words that's on my document were not included in the list Crying or Very sad

Thanks for giving me your time.
Emmy

#25: Re: Need help with letter please Author: liviomorenoLocation: Rome (Italy) PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2007 1:35 pm
    ----
Emmy, this is a true copy, certified by the parish priest (parroco), of the actual marriage record of the marriage of De Filippis Giambattista e Bastianello Francesca. The document is written in Latin and following is the transcript and the English translation
:
34. De Filippis Giambattista e Bastianello Francesca = Anno D(omi)ni 1876 die 31 De(cem)bris.
Joannes Baptista de Filippis Dominici et Mariae Josephae Fionda, et Francisca Bastianello filia Paschal in Ec(clesi)ae S(anct)ae Mariae Indulgentiarum, praemissis tribus denunciationibus [coram] populo ad divina congregato, nulloque impedimento adlato, per verba de praesenti mutuo consensu habito, de mandato, coniuncti sunt in matrimonio a P. Joele de Traietto, praesentibus D(omin)o Benedicto La Marra et Fra(tr)e Joanne Thoma a Sora = Marcus Lanni Archip(resbite)r Curatus.

34. De Filippis Giambattista e Bastianello Francesca = The year of Lord 1876, December 31st.
Giovanni Battista de Filippis son of Domenico and Maria Giuseppa Fionda, and Francesca Bastianello daughter of Pasquale, in the Church of Santa Maria delle Indulgenze, after three marriage banns, and since there were no impediment expressed, after the consensus given by the people attending, with my permission, are united in marriage by Father Joele de Traietto, attending Don(?) Benedetto La Marra and Frate Giovanni Thoma da Sora. Marco Lanni Arciprete e Curato.

#26: Re: Need help with letter please Author: EmmyLocation: Scotland PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2007 6:06 pm
    ----
Thank you so much Livio this is very much appreciated.
Seems like I've also found the names of their 'Bridesmaid and 'Best man' (witnesses)and one of them came from Sora!
I just cant find the word to express just how I feel about getting this document. I posted the letter to the priest this morning i just hope he gets it.

Many thanks again Livio for all your help.
Emmy

-> Translations