Click Here to Print Page

Page Topic: International Reply Coupons
-> General Discussion Groups

#1: International Reply Coupons Author: EmmyLocation: Scotland PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2007 3:47 pm
    ----
I know this has all been discussed before but today I was buying an I.R.C. and something different happened.
Before when I purchased them I was just given them without them being date stamped.
I always thought that the expiry date was printed on the coupon and that it would only be stamped when it was used to post a letter back.
I did say that they hadnt done that the last time I bought them but he said 'No' it needs to be stamped with date of purchase Question
Just hope that hasnt made it invalid when they come to use it -(if I get a reply)
Anyone had similar experiences as this?
Are they correct in stamping it or are they wrong?
Emmy

#2: Re: International Reply Coupons Author: nucciaLocation: Toronto, Ontario, Canada PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2007 4:04 pm
    ----
I've never heard of this. You should maybe call the main postal station and ask if this is normal or a new protocol.

#3: Re: International Reply Coupons Author: EmmyLocation: Scotland PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2007 5:08 pm
    ----
It was a main office but when I bought them there before he told me they dont often get asked for I R C and he defiantely didnt stamp them the last time. But maybe it was because the woman who was serving me, asked him if she had to date stamp it, because she wasnt sure what to do and he was busy with another customer at the time, he just said yes!
Oh well Confused At least the date stamp looked nice Smile
Emmy

#4: Re: International Reply Coupons Author: nucciaLocation: Toronto, Ontario, Canada PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2007 6:50 pm
    ----
I don't know what to say, then. Personally, I never send IRC and I have never been asked for one yet. More trouble than they're worth in my opinion. Use it anyway and see what happens.

#5: Re: International Reply Coupons Author: charliemisLocation: Philadelphia PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2007 10:18 pm
    ----
I have heard that the folks in Italy don't use them --- if you are sending a request for documents, I heard it was better to send a few dollars to cover the postage......Charlie

#6: Re: International Reply Coupons Author: ricbruLocation: TRENTO - ITALIA PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 4:49 pm
    ----
Message to everyone:
if you ever need any kind of stamps from Italy just let me know, you send me the money and I send you the stamps you need
bye Riccardo

#7: Re: International Reply Coupons Author: EmmyLocation: Scotland PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 5:02 pm
    ----
Hi Riccardo
That's a wonderful idea and then if anyone is enclosing a self addressed envelope with a request they could then have the stamp already on the envelope and this would maybe encourage the person to post a reply back.
Thank You for coming up with that suggestion.
Emmy

#8: Re: International Reply Coupons Author: ricbruLocation: TRENTO - ITALIA PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 5:06 pm
    ----
yes, i can alway ask to my post office which is the right stamp to put in a regular or bigger envelope from italy to UK or canada or USA
If you ever need my help,you all know where to find me
bye Riccardo

#9: Re: International Reply Coupons Author: nucciaLocation: Toronto, Ontario, Canada PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 5:24 pm
    ----
It is a great idea. Riccardo has done this for me a few times and it works amazing. No more IRC.. whoo hoo Very Happy

-> General Discussion Groups