Click Here to Print Page

Page Topic: Google confusion
-> PC Info and Guides

#1: Google confusion Author: Poipu04Location: Connecticut PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2007 9:45 am
    ----
Yesterday, I did some google searches and I got some hits for my page. When I did "Little Celenza", english only search, I was the first hit. When I did Celenza Valfortore, english only search, I was the 11th hit. Today when I did those searches, I am nowhere to be found. What is going on?

#2: Re: Google confusion Author: Poipu04Location: Connecticut PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2007 10:05 am
    ----
One more thing, I am trying to go through that process where you register with google to add a link and they have some tools to add a meta tag. I tried to add it in the html editor for google pages. Again, I am lost. I see nothing that says <head> and I am supposed to insert it after <head>.

Last edited by Poipu04 on Fri Oct 05, 2007 2:41 pm; edited 1 time in total

#3: Re: Google confusion Author: nucciaLocation: Toronto, Ontario, Canada PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2007 2:19 pm
    ----
Ok Lori..I can help you with this one..but first, can I fix your "ass" and make it "add" ? lol.

Goolge is funny. It does its searches mainly through content so meta tags really don't help with it much although they do help with some other browsers.

To add the code you need to go to the edit screen and click on the header. Then scroll down to the bottom right hand corner and click on edit html. The html screen appears (meaning the code for that area of the page in html). Type your code in after the <head> tag . Then click to close it. If you want to see if it took, you can open the page again or right click anywhere on your page and view the page source. The code should appear .

Let me know if you understand this. If not, I can try and walk you through it another way.

#4: Re: Google confusion Author: Poipu04Location: Connecticut PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2007 2:43 pm
    ----
Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Egads! Sorry about that typo! LOL. I will check it out later this weekend and let you know. I think I am gobbling up too much time right now on "coffee breaks"

#5: Re: Google confusion Author: Poipu04Location: Connecticut PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 3:22 pm
    ----
Ok, I have another question...would my page come up better in search engines if I changed the name to Our Celenza Valfortore Heritage??? That is a little wordy, IMHO, but would adding Valfortore get me hits for people searching for the town name?

#6: Re: Google confusion Author: nucciaLocation: Toronto, Ontario, Canada PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 4:08 pm
    ----
I think I mentioned this already, but google uses content to drive its search engine so as long as the reference to Valtfortore is in the contents of the page, it should pick it up. Other sites use meta tags, and such.

I am cooking now, but I will look later for some other useful links you can add to your pages to have search engines pick the site up better. Beware though, they often come with pop ups but as long as that doesn't bother you then it shouldn't be a problem.

-> PC Info and Guides