Click Here to Print Page

Page Topic: The value of the "PROCESSETTI"
-> General Discussion Groups

#1: The value of the "PROCESSETTI" Author: Cathy PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2007 2:16 pm
    ----
Some time ago Emmy asked what the Processetti in the LDS records was. Last night at my FHC I learned first hand the value of the Processetti. Many of you may remember my grandfather's uncle Domenico Garrafa and how happy I was when one of his great grandchildren in Argentina found me. Since then, I have been in contact with several descendants of Domenico. Most of his children ended up in Argentina. Last night I found the proscetti of Domenico's uncle Filippo Garrafa. Since Filippo's father (Domenico's grandfather) was deceased at the time of his marriage (to Maria Stella Speranza) his death record was in the Processetti. But - that's not all! Filippo's grandfather's death record was there too which included the name of his father and mother! So, from this single Processetti. I have 4 generations of the Garrafa lineage! So now here is what I have to present to my Argentinian friends:
Generation 1
Francesco Garrafa & Anna DiBuono
Generation 2
Domenico Garrafa & Maria Cessario
1738-1816
Generation 3
Saverio Garrafa & Maria Napolitano
1790-1838
Generation 4
Francesco Garrafa & Elena DeMunno
1828-1900
Generation 5
Domenico Garrafa & Emilia Napolitano & Giuseppina Ferrante
1849-??
So, you see, the Processetti can be a jackpot of information. If you have the chance to order the microfilms with this, I highly recommend it! Now, if only I can find more on my own family! Confused
edited to correct spelling error

Last edited by Cathy on Mon Jan 07, 2008 2:58 am; edited 1 time in total

#2: Re: The value of the "proscetti" Author: EmmyLocation: Scotland PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2007 5:05 pm
    ----
Isnt that just a wonderful find Cathy! Very Happy
I would need to find the date of my GGrandparents marriage before I could order a proscetti because the films are not available for the approx year that my grandparent married - I'll keep hunting Smile
Emmy

#3: Re: The value of the "proscetti" Author: ricbruLocation: TRENTO - ITALIA PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2007 3:27 am
    ----
Cathy not Proscetti but PROCESSETTI
ciao Riccardo

#4: Re: The value of the "proscetti" Author: Cathy PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2007 10:32 am
    ----
Embarassed

-> General Discussion Groups