Click Here to Print Page

Page Topic: Can you help solve this mystery PLEASE
-> General Discussion Groups

#1: Can you help solve this mystery PLEASE Author: EmmyLocation: Scotland PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2007 4:07 pm
    ----
I've a question to put to everyone here-
What do you think this means--
A friend has found a birth act for his grandfather at the bottom there is notation about his grandfather's marriage
it gives the usual information date and place of marriage (Cassino) names of bride and groom but at the end, after the bride's name it then has ' fu and a man's christian name then 'di S'Elia'(Sant'Elia Fiumerapido)
Would this be referring to the bride's father?
Or a previous husband of the bride?
Or referring to the fact that the bride was not born in the Comune of Cassino - perhaps born in Sant'Elia
I know that 'fu' before a name means that the person was dead when the marriage took place.
Grateful for any suggestions
Emmy

#2: Re: Can you help solve this mystery PLEASE Author: nucciaLocation: Toronto, Ontario, Canada PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2007 6:45 pm
    ----
emmy,

Is there anywhere you can get the record from your friend and scan it here? Best to look at it to make sure but normally the father's name wouldn't be on the bottom of the record..at least, not that I've seen.

#3: Re: Can you help solve this mystery PLEASE Author: ElevenLocation: New York PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2007 12:12 am
    ----
It might be the father...just a notation that he was from that other town. If she was a widow..it would state that (vedova di fu giovanni) by her name.

#4: Re: Can you help solve this mystery PLEASE Author: liviomorenoLocation: Rome (Italy) PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2007 2:30 am
    ----
Emmy wrote:
...at the end, after the bride's name it then has ' fu and a man's christian name then 'di S'Elia'(Sant'Elia Fiumerapido)...

..."bride's name", daughter of the late "xxxx" from S'Elia...

"xxxx" is the name of the bride's father who was born in S'Elia and was passed away before the marriage.

I'm 101% sure, and if you post a picture, as Nuccia is suggesting, I will be 101,1% sure. Razz

#5: Re: Can you help solve this mystery PLEASE Author: EmmyLocation: Scotland PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2007 6:28 am
    ----
Here's the link to where the question was posted on Italian G site if you scroll down a bit the copy of the document is there.
If this is her father would this mean the bride was born in Sant'Elia also?

italiangenealogy.tardi...rt=15.html

Many Thanks
Emmy

#6: Re: Can you help solve this mystery PLEASE Author: liviomorenoLocation: Rome (Italy) PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2007 6:57 am
    ----
Emmy wrote:
Here's the link to where the question was posted on Italian G site if you scroll down a bit the copy of the document is there.
If this is her father would this mean the bride was born in Sant'Elia also?

italiangenealogy.tardi...rt=15.html

Many Thanks
Emmy
I confirm what I wrote in my previous post:
Gertrude was the daughter of the late Domenicantonio Fusco. Domenicantonio was born in S'Elia.

#7: Re: Can you help solve this mystery PLEASE Author: nucciaLocation: Toronto, Ontario, Canada PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2007 7:36 am
    ----
Livio..

I don't know what we would do without you! kiss

Thanks!

#8: Re: Can you help solve this mystery PLEASE Author: Cathy PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2007 9:30 am
    ----
nuccia wrote:
Livio..

I don't know what we would do without you! kiss

Thanks!
I second that! Very Happy

#9: Re: Can you help solve this mystery PLEASE Author: EmmyLocation: Scotland PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2007 10:24 am
    ----
Livio,
Thank You! Thank You! Thank You!
Now Paul will know where to search.
I thought it was her father but I'm not confident enough to say that I was correct.
Many thanks for posting the answer to Paul too.
Emmy

#10: Re: Can you help solve this mystery PLEASE Author: liviomorenoLocation: Rome (Italy) PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2007 11:45 am
    ----
I'm glad I could help Smile

-> General Discussion Groups