Click Here to Print Page

Page Topic: Ebay auction - family name
-> Translations

#1: Ebay auction - family name Author: Cathy PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 12:34 am
    ----
I found this auction on Ebay and the name Giuseppe Zingone is in my family tree. I know he had a business in town. Can someone tell me what the printing on this postcard says?
Thanks.

#2: Re: Ebay auction - family name Author: liviomorenoLocation: Rome (Italy) PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 2:58 am
    ----
Cathy wrote:
I found this auction on Ebay and the name Giuseppe Zingone is in my family tree. I know he had a business in town. Can someone tell me what the printing on this postcard says?
Thanks.
As of now the postcard is unreadable Razz Razz Razz

#3: Re: Ebay auction - family name Author: CaroleLocation: Valtellina - Near Lake Como PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 4:21 am
    ----
liviomoreno wrote:
Cathy wrote:
Thanks.
As of now the postcard is unreadable Razz Razz Razz

You're right Livio - do you think it might be written in invisible ink??? hide

#4: Re: Ebay auction - family name Author: Cathy PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 10:50 am
    ----
Embarassed Sorry, I posted that very late last night. Perhaps the link would be helpful. Actually this would probably be of greater interest to the South American's I have been in contact with but with the big Zingone reunion this weekend they are all busy or out of town.
cgi.ebay.com/Montalto-...dZViewItem

#5: Re: Ebay auction - family name Author: EmmyLocation: Scotland PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 10:59 am
    ----
Please cathy just post a link to the poscard before Nuccia gets the chance to tell you its ($%&*&^%$) age that's the problem Smile
or could it be that Carole and Livio just need to borrow these?

hide
Emmy

#6: Re: Ebay auction - family name Author: liviomorenoLocation: Rome (Italy) PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 11:06 am
    ----
Emporio is a country store. They were selling: metals, hardware, glass, paints, colors,etc

#7: Re: Ebay auction - family name Author: Cathy PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 11:21 am
    ----
WOW! Thanks Livio - that was so fast. I wonder if there is a picture of the store on the other side? This is definitely our Giuseppe Zingone's store then. How cool is that? I have to have this if the Argentinian's can't have it. The auction ends same day as their big reunion. Too bad they don't take Paypal or Visa.

#8: Re: Ebay auction - family name Author: liviomorenoLocation: Rome (Italy) PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 12:16 pm
    ----
I'm trying to read the back side using the glasses that Emmy suggested, but I still have some difficulties..
Razz Razz Razz

#9: Re: Ebay auction - family name Author: Cathy PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 12:22 pm
    ----
Livio! I am falling on the floor laughing here!! I had no idea you were so funny! Very Happy

#10: Re: Ebay auction - family name Author: EmmyLocation: Scotland PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 2:15 pm
    ----
Sorry Livio
wrong lenses been put in glasses try this instead

#11: Re: Ebay auction - family name Author: Poipu04Location: Connecticut PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 6:24 pm
    ----
Wow, Cathy! How the heck did you find that????

#12: Re: Ebay auction - family name Author: Cathy PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 7:26 pm
    ----
I go on ebay every couple of weeks and do a search of "Montalto", calabria, calabrese and anything else I can think of. I have gotten many pictures 75 years old or older. These images are copyright free and
I can use them on my website. That is my tip of the day for you. Wink

#13: Re: Ebay auction - family name Author: Poipu04Location: Connecticut PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 8:22 pm
    ----
Woweee! That is fantastic!

-> Translations