Click Here to Print Page

Page Topic: Great news!
-> General Discussion Groups

#1: Great news! Author: Poipu04Location: Connecticut PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 4:36 am
    ----
I am SO EXCITED. I just had to share this with you. Through Riccardo, I was able to determine the address of my grandmother's house in Paduli. Riccardo wrote to my friend to ask him if the house is still standing. My friend just wrote back. He is not sure yet, but the house was on the very street that I visited in Paduli and I happened to take pictures of the street too..without even knowing the significance!!! Plus, I ate at the caffe and visited the shop bearing my family name . . . also on that street. At the time, we could not fix any relation with the people I met, who lived on the street. Now I think we have. Very Happy I need more smile icons for this one. Yipee!

#2: Re: Great news! Author: CaroleLocation: Valtellina - Near Lake Como PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 5:02 am
    ----
That is INCREDIBLE!!!

That old saying "Its' a small world" certainly comes to the fore when such events happen doesn't it. I guess you're now feeling a mixture of pure joy that you have found this information, tinged with just a touch of the "If only's...."

But think of all the new joy just waiting for you NOW!

Oh - we DO need a Gente smilie with a banner saying

I LOVE GENTE DI MARE!

don't we???

#3: Re: Great news! Author: Cathy PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 6:40 am
    ----
WOW!!! How exciting! Too bad you did not know that before you went to Paludi! I bet I know the first place you go on your next visit. Wink We have another member of the Riccardo fan club! I think Riccardo is on a roll here! Very Happy

#4: Re: Great news! Author: nucciaLocation: Toronto, Ontario, Canada PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 6:52 am
    ----
That's wonderful Lori!

I'm so happy for you! Very Happy

#5: Re: Great news! Author: Poipu04Location: Connecticut PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 7:22 am
    ----
Thanks for being able to share the love with you guys! The trip to Paduli is what gave me the genealogy bug. I had no idea that this kind of information would have been available to me at the time. The funny thing is that my interest in visiting Paduli was, let's say, not great. I was more interested in Rome and Florence and being a tourist. My husband (three cheers for him) wanted to look into his roots in Italy, and that is what encouraged me to visit Paduli. So the "if only's are": if only I spoke Italian when I visited, if only I had the address and crossed the street, if only I was able to make the connection when I was there. I guess there is next time! By the way, the pics in my album are of my husband's town of Celenza Valfortore, Foggia.

#6: Re: Great news! Author: Cathy PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 7:38 am
    ----
Yes, I really enjoyed those pictures. Thanks for sharing them. I'm going to add pictures to my album too. I've never been to Italy but but cousin has and he sent me a few pictures for my website.

#7: Re: Great news! Author: ricbruLocation: TRENTO - ITALIA PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 8:45 am
    ----
Poipu04 wrote:
I am SO EXCITED. I just had to share this with you. Through Riccardo, I was able to determine the address of my grandmother's house in Paduli. Riccardo wrote to my friend to ask him if the house is still standing. My friend just wrote back. He is not sure yet, but the house was on the very street that I visited in Paduli and I happened to take pictures of the street too..without even knowing the significance!!! Plus, I ate at the caffe and visited the shop bearing my family name . . . also on that street. At the time, we could not fix any relation with the people I met, who lived on the street. Now I think we have. Very Happy I need more smile icons for this one. Yipee!

Dear Lori,
I'm glad that your friend replied to you, because he didn't to me.
Did you get Vitantonio birth record?
Let me know,
bye Riccardo Very Happy

#8: Re: Great news! Author: Poipu04Location: Connecticut PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 8:51 am
    ----
Thank you again for your help, Riccardo. I did not receive it yet. I will let you know. I won't be able to check my mail at my home today for several hours.

#9: Re: Great news! Author: Poipu04Location: Connecticut PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 5:49 am
    ----
I just looked at my pictures. My grandmother lived at 28. Can you believe I have pictures of the OTHER SIDE of the road. Number 27, 31, and 33. So close and yet so far. LOL.

#10: Re: Great news! Author: Biff83Location: Florida PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 7:32 am
    ----
There's always a bright side. Now you know what the view was like out her home's front window.

Biff

#11: Re: Great news! Author: Poipu04Location: Connecticut PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 7:33 am
    ----
Hey, Biff! I like your perspective!

-> General Discussion Groups