Click Here to Print Page

Page Topic: New web page help
-> General Discussion Groups

#1: New web page help Author: Cathy PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2007 1:20 pm
    ----
The whole reason I started a website was to get the word out that I am looking for people to fill in some blanks of my family story. That message has gotten lost on my website and so has my family. The website has turned into a genealogy resource for the whole town and my family message has gotten lost. I would like to start a new page for my site to highlight exactly who I am looking for and where. Thanks to the South Americans and a man from Spain, I know where many people ended up. But I have no clue what to call the page or how to approach the subject. I do have an idea as to how to present what I am looking for.
Can anyone offer me any suggestions?
Thanks.

#2: Re: New web page help Author: Gina501Location: Houston, Texas PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2007 1:39 pm
    ----
I wish I could, but I am at a loss too. If you figure it out, please enlighten me!

I created that first googlepage just to list my genealogy and get my name out. But I have been inspired by everyone else's beautiful pages dedicated to their family's birthplaces and histories. Mine seems so primitive compared to everyone else's and I am going to redo the whole thing under my new domain name. But like you, I want it to be a dedication to my family first, then a place for others to look up information.

#3: Re: New web page help Author: VincenzaLocation: Michigan PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2007 1:56 pm
    ----
I wish I had ideas for you. I'm still putting together a website I have never done before. But I have to say you a have done a great job on your site.

Great work,
Vincenza

#4: Re: New web page help Author: Poipu04Location: Connecticut PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2007 2:33 pm
    ----
Maybe you can do a play on words with "Where in the World is Carmen San Diego/Matt Laurer?" Like "Where is the World is Great Grandma"? Or Where in the World are the Napolitanos? You can put a map with pins for all the places that you have found family.. .or something like a tree motiff and help me add branches to my tree....Just brains storming. Oh, how about a milk carton with a pic of your missing relative? Ok, sorry that was out of hand. LOL.

#5: Re: New web page help Author: Cathy PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2007 2:40 pm
    ----
I love the idea of the milk carton! Problem is I have no pictures - that is the goal. Shocked Good ideas though. I do intend on sectioning off the page by country they were last seen in. Then I want to write something in english and that country's language.

#6: Re: New web page help Author: Gina501Location: Houston, Texas PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2007 4:11 pm
    ----
OMG Lori! I love the milk carton thing. I might steal that someday. I think it would be hilarious!! But I don't think I have that much talent.

#7: Re: New web page help Author: Cathy PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2007 4:40 pm
    ----
Vincenza wrote:
I wish I had ideas for you. I'm still putting together a website I have never done before. But I have to say you a have done a great job on your site.

Great work,
Vincenza
Vincenza - I see you on Skype a lot. Don't be shy. If you need help just IM me on SKype (ask Nuccia - I am never prepared with that headset!) I'd be happy to help. I'll get those links to you when I get home.

#8: Re: New web page help Author: nucciaLocation: Toronto, Ontario, Canada PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2007 4:50 pm
    ----
And I am also always online...although I don't think I have you on skype. I am always available to help..

The milk carton thing is interesting...where's Liz anyway...shes the creative one.

#9: Re: New web page help Author: Cathy PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2007 5:16 pm
    ----
Liz is probably whapping people - it is WHAP WHAP Friday!!
Hey Liz!! *Whap!*

#10: Re: New web page help Author: nucciaLocation: Toronto, Ontario, Canada PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2007 5:22 pm
    ----
oh yea..I forgot about that... Very Happy

-> General Discussion Groups