Click Here to Print Page

Page Topic: A few little letters.
-> Translations

#1: A few little letters. Author: MikeSavoca91 PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2007 1:51 pm
    ----
My family just love to write letters on the backs of pictures....I wsh I could read them. Could someone tell me what these say? Grazie, Mike.

#2: Re: A few little letters. Author: Cathy PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2007 2:12 pm
    ----
Shocked Now I know why the Nuns used to whap me with the blade side of the wooden ruler in penmanship class! hide

#3: Re: A few little letters. Author: nucciaLocation: Toronto, Ontario, Canada PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2007 2:17 pm
    ----
I was thinking a long the same lines, Cathy!

Hopefully one of our Italian members will be able to help because other than the odd word, I'm lost big time!

#4: Re: A few little letters. Author: MikeSavoca91 PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2007 7:36 pm
    ----
Yup...It looks like she scribbled on the back. Rest In Peace whoever you are who wrote these.

#5: Re: A few little letters. Author: liviomorenoLocation: Rome (Italy) PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2007 10:14 am
    ----
Mike the handwriting is very bad...

8.jpg: Carmelina's husband who died on the ship...

53.jpg: Dear sister, accept our picture, taken on November 7, .... my son Antonino.... the last girl name' is ....

24.jpg: January 8, 1956, the day when the daughter of Emilia was baptized. We are: Ilaria (?), my self, my husband, Emilia's husband, the brother that was the godfather, th mother in law, all sitting in my kitchen around the table... Riccardo (?)

#6: Re: A few little letters. Author: MikeSavoca91 PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 6:59 pm
    ----
Thank you Livio!! I know it is verry sloppy, so I was supprised you could read it.

#7: Re: A few little letters. Author: Cathy PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 8:54 pm
    ----
Livio is awesome! Very Happy Do you know who died on the ship Mike? Did they document that when someone died at sea?

#8: Re: A few little letters. Author: MikeSavoca91 PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 7:41 am
    ----
To be honest Cathy I don't know his name, but I do know who his wife was. She has slipped off the face of the earth it would seem. I will post that little saga after school today. Time to head out the door all! Bye for now.

-> Translations