Click Here to Print Page

Page Topic: Chocolate hazelnut biscotti
-> Recipes

#1: Chocolate hazelnut biscotti Author: Poipu04Location: Connecticut PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 9:57 pm
    ----
1/4 lb. butter, softened (if you are lactose intolerant, you can use butter flavored Crisco)
1/2 cup cocoa
3/4 cup sugar
2 tbsp. Frangelico
2 eggs
2 cups flour
2 tsp. baking powder
3/4 cup toasted hazelnuts

1. Preheat oven to 350 F
2. In electric mixer, cream butter and sugar until light. Add Frangelico and eggs. Mix until well blended.
3. On low speed, gradually add flour, cocoa and baking powder. Stir in hazelnuts.
4. Form dough into two logs.
5. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes until top of loaves are firm.
6. Using two metal spatulas remove loaves from cookie sheets and cool on wire racks. Place cooled loaves on cutting board. Use a sharp knife and cut in a chopping motion on the diagonal (1/2 inch slices).
7. Place slices on cookie sheet in single layer. Return to oven for 12 to 15 minutes and cool on a wire rack.

Sometimes I make this without the cocoa and add granulated sugar to the top of the loaves before I bake them.

#2: Re: Chocolate hazelnut biscotti Author: nucciaLocation: Toronto, Ontario, Canada PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 11:59 am
    ----
These sound fairly easy to make. Are they? Do you know how many cookies this usually yields or does it vary?

#3: Re: Chocolate hazelnut biscotti Author: Poipu04Location: Connecticut PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 12:42 pm
    ----
Yes, they are fairly easy to make. The cutting/chopping is the hard part but once you get the hang of it. My big lesson was to knwo that you chop rather than saw with the knife if the cookies are completely cool. Otherwise, they will crumble if you saw. I can't think off hand how much this yields. It is two "logs." I would say about 2 to 3 dozen. I have another recipe that makes a load of them, but that requires about 4 cups of flour. I can post that sometime soon too.

-> Recipes