Click Here to Print Page

Page Topic: Grandparents history/Genealogy
-> Where do I begin?

#16: Re: Grandparents history/Genealogy Author: Poipu04Location: Connecticut PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 4:24 pm
    ----
Nuccia, if she is using www.ellisisland.org, they don't let you print from it anymore. Your option is to purchase the manifest from them. It is costly, but comes in a large size that is suitable for framing. Of course, if you can get the manifest from ancestry, it is easy to print.

#17: Re: Grandparents history/Genealogy Author: nucciaLocation: Toronto, Ontario, Canada PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 4:35 pm
    ----
Really? I didn't know this...but there is a way around it. On ellis, click on enlarge manifest. Then right click next to the name. Next, Save Page as...and it should auto save to something like...popup_weif_5a.asp and Webpage.complete. Save it to your desktop. When you open it, it will show the enlarged manifest and you can go tot he right top hand corner of your screen and click file. Print it from there. Hope this is clear, if not, I will create a proper "tutorial"... Very Happy

#18: Re: Grandparents history/Genealogy Author: Biff83Location: Florida PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 4:49 pm
    ----
A Luigi DeBelis from Platischis travelling on the same ship, same arrival date in 1906 as Giuseppe DeBellis with same destination of Ludlow and joining friend, Aurelio Cher.

www.ellisisland.org/se...2340090777

Biff

#19: Re: Grandparents history/Genealogy Author: Poipu04Location: Connecticut PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 5:20 pm
    ----
I tried and you can't right click on the image. It says function disabled. I don't know if there is another way around this. I am definitely not a techie!

#20: Re: Grandparents history/Genealogy Author: chanchisfea PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 6:04 pm
    ----
Quote::
I tried and you can't right click on the image. It says function disabled.

Poipu, when you enlarge the manifest image to look at it, though you can't "right-click" on it to save it you will see a set of icons at the upper LEFT corner of the image (it can be seen if you move the mouse in and out of the image) and all you need to do is click on the icon that looks like a floppy disk... when clicking on that, a window will pop up and then you can do the "save as" allowing you to save it to your desktop. I hope that helps Mr. Green

Liz Cool

#21: Re: Grandparents history/Genealogy Author: liviomorenoLocation: Rome (Italy) PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 4:07 am
    ----
chanchisfea wrote:

Poipu, when you enlarge the manifest image to look at it, though you can't "right-click" on it to save it you will see a set of icons at the upper LEFT corner of the image (it can be seen if you move the mouse in and out of the image) and all you need to do is click on the icon that looks like a floppy disk... when clicking on that, a window will pop up and then you can do the "save as" allowing you to save it to your desktop. I hope that helps Mr. Green

Liz Cool

It works with Internet Explorer but not with Firefox...

#22: Re: Grandparents history/Genealogy Author: nucciaLocation: Toronto, Ontario, Canada PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 4:17 am
    ----
liviomoreno wrote:
chanchisfea wrote:

Liz Cool

It works with Internet Explorer but not with Firefox...

You're right Livio. I also have Firefox and the only way I can get it to save on firefox is by doing what I posted before Liz's post. Did you try that to see if it worked?

#23: Re: Grandparents history/Genealogy Author: liviomorenoLocation: Rome (Italy) PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 4:40 am
    ----
nuccia wrote:

You're right Livio. I also have Firefox and the only way I can get it to save on firefox is by doing what I posted before Liz's post. Did you try that to see if it worked?
Yeah! great! kiss

#24: Re: Grandparents history/Genealogy Author: chasr PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2007 10:56 am
    ----
Hello everyone..thanks for the help...here are the names of my grandparents parents & siblings. Iwould like to find out deeper about where they lived before coming to america and who my great gMy grandfathers parents were: www.gentedimaregenealo...=4885#4885

there is some info at this link above too...

Siblings & grandparents below
father: Joseph DeBellis
mother: Mary Kolbia
My grandmothers parents were:
father: John Zussino
mother: Anna Marzola
my grandfathers brother & sisters were: Celesta,Mary,Teresina & John
my grandmother's brothers & sisters were: Euginio, Benjamino & Mariarandaparents were. if anyone knows who i can contact in Italy i can try that source..

#25: Re: Grandparents history/Genealogy Author: chasr PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2007 12:27 pm
    ----
i'm stumped..on one of the ellis island manifests(line: 0027) shows mother
Maria Cobia (Kolbia) mother of Giuseppe going to her husband Giovanni Michelazza in Delagna Colorado.
Question: who is Giovanni Michelazza

thanks -- chasr

#26: Re: Grandparents history/Genealogy Author: BillieDeKidLocation: Illinois PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2007 3:11 pm
    ----
BillieDeKid wrote:
Manifest for Teresa De Bellis (sister of Giuseppe) with her children coming from Plaleschis Udine - lists nearest relative as her mother Maria Cobia in Trinidad Colorado ? Going to her husband Giovanni Michelazza in Delagna Colorado. So it looks like Maria Cobia (Kolbia) mother of Giuseppe was living in Colorado when her daughter and grandkids came in 1921. There are other people going to Colorado also....see manifest.
page 1
www.ellisisland.org/EI...;line=0027
page 2
www.ellisisland.org/EI...;line=0027

This is Giuseppe's sister Teresa going to her husband Giovanni Michelazza Delagna Colorado. The heading for nearest relative she listed her mother Maria Cobia in Trinidad Colorado

Hope this helps

#27: Re: Grandparents history/Genealogy Author: liviomorenoLocation: Rome (Italy) PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2007 3:38 pm
    ----
BillieDeKid wrote:

This is Giuseppe's sister Teresa going to her husband Giovanni Michelazza Delagna Colorado. The heading for nearest relative she listed her mother Maria Cobia in Trinidad Colorado

Hope this helps
Is it Cobia or Cobai?

#28: Re: Grandparents history/Genealogy Author: BillieDeKidLocation: Illinois PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2007 4:15 pm
    ----
nuccia wrote:
Heres some additional info chasr sent...

To: nuccia
Posted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 8:57 pm
Subject: Re: grandparents history/genealogy Quote message
ooops....i forgot the siblings names. I got these from my mother many years back. I hope they work
My grandfathers parents were:
father: Joseph DeBellis
mother: Mary Kolbia
My grandmothers parents were:
father: John Zussino
mother: Anna Marzola
my grandfathers brother & sisters were: Celesta,Mary,Teresina & John
my grandmother's brothers & sisters were: Euginio, Benjamino & Maria

I notice Giuseppes wife name is Mary..but on the census its Angela...lets see if we can locate a ship manifest and see if it the same person...and the correct family.

Hi Livio,

I was using the info that Nuccia got from chasr. It's listed here as Kolbia and the manifest has a different spelling (with a C). I'm not sure which is correct or if, as you say, ai instead of ia at the end of the name.

What are your thoughts?

#29: Re: Grandparents history/Genealogy Author: BillieDeKidLocation: Illinois PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2007 4:27 pm
    ----
Livio -

I looked at other manifests and you are correct, the surname is spelled Cobai and these people were from the same area in Italy also going to Colorado (Ludlow). Reference Biff's notes on page 1 of this thread.

#30: Re: Grandparents history/Genealogy Author: BillieDeKidLocation: Illinois PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2007 4:51 pm
    ----
chasr wrote:
Hello everyone..thanks for the help...here are the names of my grandparents parents & siblings. Iwould like to find out deeper about where they lived before coming to america and who my great gMy grandfathers parents were

I checked the LDS films for the places supplied by Biff.

Monteaperta, comune of Taipana - province: Udine - region: Friuli-Venezia Giuli
Platischis, comune of Taipana - province: Udine - region: Friuli-Venezia Giulia

No luck with any records for birth, marriage or death in the comune, province or region. You will have to write and request records. I know that someone on the forum will be able to supply you with the addresses and form letters that you will need.

-> Where do I begin?