Click Here to Print Page

Page Topic: letter to author
-> Translations

#1: letter to author Author: MauroMagsLocation: New Jersey PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2007 4:43 pm
    ----
I recently found an article where the author specifically references the catasti from Molfetta so i would like to reach out to him and ask him how he obtained a copy of his article...

so basically, will someone translate the following query for me:

Dear sir,

I am a researcher of Molfettese descent looking for information regarding my family line. I noticed that in your last article "----- ---" you specifically reference the Catasti onciario from Molfetta. Is there a copy available for researchers (either paper or digital) who are outside of Italy? I live in the US and am curious to whether or not a copy of the Catasti is attainable without venturing to the archivio in Bari. By the way i greatly enjoy reading your articles about the history of Molfetta.

thanks

Any help translating this would be greatly appreciated

#2: Re: letter to author Author: MauroMagsLocation: New Jersey PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 5:11 pm
    ----
anyone? Very Happy

#3: Re: letter to author Author: nucciaLocation: Toronto, Ontario, Canada PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 5:59 pm
    ----
Sorry...I didn't see this! Hang on a bit longer and I'll see what I can do!

#4: Re: letter to author Author: MauroMagsLocation: New Jersey PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 6:11 pm
    ----
Thanks Nuccia! You're the best! Smile

#5: Re: letter to author Author: ricbruLocation: TRENTO - ITALIA PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 7:06 pm
    ----
MauroMags wrote:
I recently found an article where the author specifically references the catasti from Molfetta so i would like to reach out to him and ask him how he obtained a copy of his article...

so basically, will someone translate the following query for me:

Dear sir,

I am a researcher of Molfettese descent looking for information regarding my family line. I noticed that in your last article "----- ---" you specifically reference the Catasti onciario from Molfetta. Is there a copy available for researchers (either paper or digital) who are outside of Italy? I live in the US and am curious to whether or not a copy of the Catasti is attainable without venturing to the archivio in Bari. By the way i greatly enjoy reading your articles about the history of Molfetta.

thanks

Any help translating this would be greatly appreciated

Here there is the translation:

"Egregio signore,
sono un ricercatore di discendenza molfettese.
Cerco informazioni in merito alla mia famiglia.
Mi sono accorto del suo ultimo articolo "------------" a cui lei specialmente fa riferimento ai Catasti onciari di Molfetta.
E' possibile avere una copia (cartacea o digitale) per me che sono ricercatore e che vivo fuori dall'Italia?
Io vivo negli Stati Uniti e sarei curioso di poter ottenere una copia di questo documento senza avventurarmi nella burocrazia dell'Archivio di Bari.
Colgo l'occasione per dirle che mi piacciono molto i suoi articoli sulla storia di Molfetta"

I hope it helps, bye Riccardo

#6: Re: letter to author Author: MauroMagsLocation: New Jersey PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 7:07 pm
    ----
Riccardo,

Thank you very much it is greatly appreciated

-Mauro

#7: Re: letter to author Author: nucciaLocation: Toronto, Ontario, Canada PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 7:09 pm
    ----
Thanks Riccardo..I can always count on you. kiss

-> Translations