Click Here to Print Page

Page Topic: What does this mean?
-> General Discussion Groups

#1: What does this mean? Author: VincenzaLocation: Michigan PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2007 8:03 pm
    ----
I went to this website, but I'm not sure what this means
"Autocertificazioni"
any ideas?

www.comune.carini.pa.i...tocert.asp

Autocertificazioni

#2: Re: What does this mean? Author: CaroleLocation: Valtellina - Near Lake Como PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2007 8:27 pm
    ----
It is an electronic system via the internet where a person or a family can request a certificate electronically and print it out without the need to go in person to the comune offices, get in a queue, and fill out a paper form - and then get back in another queue to hand it in!

As you can see from the list, many certificates can be requested in this way. It is a real time saver...

Edited for correction to information. CB

Last edited by Carole on Mon Dec 03, 2007 12:47 pm; edited 1 time in total

#3: Re: What does this mean? Author: VincenzaLocation: Michigan PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2007 8:31 pm
    ----
hi carole,

So you are saying that I can request for my certificate that I need. Birth death but I didn't see marriage, right.

#4: Re: What does this mean? Author: VincenzaLocation: Michigan PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2007 8:36 pm
    ----
Cognome: Last name

Nome: First Name

Nato/a a: What does is mean?

Provincia: Province

Data Nascita: Date of birth
(gg/mm/aa)

#5: Re: What does this mean? Author: Poipu04Location: Connecticut PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2007 11:22 pm
    ----
Nato a: means born in

Nato refers to the masculine and nata refers to the feminine

#6: Re: What does this mean? Author: liviomorenoLocation: Rome (Italy) PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 3:41 am
    ----
Autocertificazione is a self declaration that you may present to local or national government instead of a number of certificates (acts). Many municipalities, included the Comune of Carini, provide an help to produce the form electronically.
You still need to print it out, sign it and present it to the entity that requires it.
You may also send it together with a copy of an id document.

#7: Re: What does this mean? Author: lilbeesLocation: Georgia, USA PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 11:27 am
    ----
Could this form be used with other communes outside the area specified? If that is so this could help in requesting acts from a commune I need that is not on their list?

Fingers crossed.

#8: Re: What does this mean? Author: liviomorenoLocation: Rome (Italy) PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 12:11 pm
    ----
lilbees wrote:
Could this form be used with other communes outside the area specified? If that is so this could help in requesting acts from a commune I need that is not on their list?

Fingers crossed.
Every commune, local o central government office is obliged to accept an autocertificazione.
But you must be Italian...

#9: Re: What does this mean? Author: lilbeesLocation: Georgia, USA PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 12:48 pm
    ----
Great! I certainly am Italian. My married name does not reflect that but my maiden name certainly does. When I fill out the form I will use my maiden name in addition to my married name.

Would this be correct or confusing?

#10: Re: What does this mean? Author: CaroleLocation: Valtellina - Near Lake Como PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 1:17 pm
    ----
Vincenza wrote:
hi carole,

So you are saying that I can request for my certificate that I need. Birth death but I didn't see marriage, right.

Listed on this comune are:

• Atto di Notorietà Attested affidavit
• Atto di Nascita Birth certificate
• Atto di Residenza Residency
• Atto di Cittadinanza Citizenship
• Atto di Godimento dei Diritti Politici Possession of political rights
• Atto di Stato di Famiglia Family status
• Atto di Esistenza in Vita Proof of being alive.
• Atto di Nascita Figlio Birth act of a child
• Atto di Morte Death Certificate

However I'm not at all sure that many of the 'older' registrations, of interest to genealogists, would be available via this fairly modern electronic system. I would imagine they would need to be transcribed first - and therefore would be low on the list of priorities for any comune.

#11: Re: What does this mean? Author: lilbeesLocation: Georgia, USA PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 1:32 pm
    ----
If the requests are in Italian they wouldn't need to be translated would they?

#12: Re: What does this mean? Author: liviomorenoLocation: Rome (Italy) PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 2:21 pm
    ----
lilbees wrote:
If the requests are in Italian they wouldn't need to be translated would they?
Is it possible to know what are you planning to do?
I think there is still some misunderstanding. Let me try to make an example:
If you need to enroll your child to a school, let's say in Carini, you are required to be resident in Carini, and the school will ask for a Residency certificate; instead of going to the municipality and ask for the Residency certificate, you may write down a self declaration (Autocertificazione), where you state, with reference to the law D.P.R. n. 445 del 28/12/2000, that you are resident in Carini. In Internet you may find several forms that you may compile on line and then print them and sign them.
Carole wrote:
However I'm not at all sure that many of the 'older' registrations, of interest to genealogists, would be available via this fairly modern electronic system.
Again, this is a self-declaration about something related to yourself (nothing to do with a modern electronic system) and I do not see how it can be used by genealogists...

#13: Re: What does this mean? Author: lilbeesLocation: Georgia, USA PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 2:23 pm
    ----
Thank you for clarifying this. Sometime I am a little dense. Just not a good day I guess.

Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed

Very Happy

#14: Re: What does this mean? Author: liviomorenoLocation: Rome (Italy) PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 2:41 pm
    ----

-> General Discussion Groups