Click Here to Print Page

Page Topic: Need help to understand these letters please
-> Translations

#1: Need help to understand these letters please Author: EmmyLocation: Scotland PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 11:29 am
    ----
Riccardo advised me to write to three different places re my Grandparents marriage act. I have just had replies from two of them (still waiting for the third) I take it that they cant find the marriage act but I dont fully understand what the reason is.

Emmy

#2: Re: Need help to understand these letters please Author: CaroleLocation: Valtellina - Near Lake Como PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2007 5:47 pm
    ----
Emmy,

The Sant' Elia comune says that they found nothing. They added that during the war all their records were destroyed/damaged in 43/44. They added that not ALL of these had been 're-built', and that what you were looking for 'could' be among these.

They added that if they could be of any further help they would.

The other comune (short and sweet) said thay found no trace of what you sought.

Do you want a verbatim translation? - if so just let me know!

#3: Re: Need help to understand these letters please Author: EmmyLocation: Scotland PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2007 8:21 pm
    ----
Many thanks for the translation Carole
I was beginning to think that something like that had happened with the records. So I'll just need to be content with the Birth certifcates and the recording of their marriage on that, at least that's definatley better than having nothing al all. Just waiting for some more microfilms to come from USA so I can try to trace my G. Grandparents. It keeps me busy!!
Love and God Bless
Emmy

-> Translations