Click Here to Print Page

Page Topic: Liz
-> General Discussion Groups

#16: Re: Liz Author: JamesBiancoLocation: Westfield, MA. PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2008 11:29 pm
    ----
I tried to look at the pictures just now and got this message...

There is no content in this album.
You may also select one of the subalbums above to browse for more content from this user.

About the people of Israel speaking English, you should read some articles on the history of their country and you will understand why. I never realized until recently that Israel was founded in 1948 as a result of The United States and The European Community's attempts to find a home for the fortunate survivors of Hitler's Holocaust.

Before 1948 the land which is now The Nation of Israel was inhabited predominantly by Muslim people (Palestinians for the most part). The Jewish People of Israel are all recent (since 1948) immigrants.

I would love to see the pictures if you get the chance could you re-link them?

Jim

#17: Re: Liz Author: Cathy PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2008 11:31 pm
    ----
I got the same message so I saw Liz on Skype and asked her about it. Look on the left side for the town names and click on them. She starts with Bethlehem.

#18: Re: Liz Author: JamesBiancoLocation: Westfield, MA. PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2008 11:35 pm
    ----
Wow!! Such amazing pictures Liz (Thanks Cathy).

#19: Re: Liz Author: Poipu04Location: Connecticut PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2008 2:43 pm
    ----
Wow, Liz, those are incredible. Like Riccardo, I hope to be able to visit there one day too. It has always been a dream.

Last edited by Poipu04 on Thu Jan 03, 2008 1:05 pm; edited 1 time in total

#20: Re: Liz Author: CaroleLocation: Valtellina - Near Lake Como PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 7:15 am
    ----
Oh my - Oh my.... aren't these wonderful!

Those views of Masada are so impressive..that is a place I would really like to visit. And Bethlehem - what is there to say? Such a feeling of history and destiny all rolled into one. I must admit I had goosebumps looking at them!

Thank you for sharing them with us Liz - but would you consider sharing them with other members and posting some (or all) as an album(s) on Coppermine for us?

#21: Re: Liz Author: VincenzaLocation: Michigan PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 9:47 am
    ----
Wow what beautiful pictures.

Thank you for sharing them with us.

Vincenza

#22: Re: Liz Author: chanchisfea PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 9:49 am
    ----
Thank you guys/girls!! I'm glad you enjoy looking at the pictures, I just wish they translated even better the beauty of the places and sights I saw Wink

Riccardo, let's just say that "I" wouldn't have gone to Bethlehem by myself...I don't think it would be a good idea, IMO. Though the Church of the Nativity is a very public place to visit, you never know when someone could snap and you ended up being kidnapped or something. The whole time I was in the Palestinian territory I felt unneasy, looked at (whether it was a good thing or not, I'll never know...LOL ) and like I had to keep an eye on everyone near/around me.

Carole, Masada was the most impressive place I saw...totally worth the trip and what was better for us that day, the weather was the coldest and just right to be that high up. The tour guide told us that normally it is a scorcher on a regular/warm day Shocked

About sharing with everyone, can you add the link to the public picture sharing area? Or do I need to upload everything again???? Shocked Shocked

Liz Cool

-> General Discussion Groups