Click Here to Print Page

Page Topic: "IF..."
-> General Discussion Groups

#1: "IF..." Author: CaroleLocation: Valtellina - Near Lake Como PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2007 1:42 pm
    ----
If you have food in the refrigerator, clothes on your back, a roof overhead and a place to sleep... you are richer than 75% of this world.

If you have money in the bank, in your wallet, and spare change in a dish someplace... you are among the top 8% of the worlds wealthy.

If you woke up this morning with good health you are more fortunate than the million who will not survive this week.

If you have never experienced the danger of battle unfolding all around you, the loneliness of imprisonment, the agony of torture, or the pangs of starvation... you are ahead 500 million people in the world.

If you can attend a church meeting without fear of persecution, harassment, arrest, torture, or death... you are more blessed than three billion people in the world.

If your parents are still alive and still married...you are very rare.

If you can read this message, you are more blessed than over two billion people in the world that cannot read at all.

Author Unknown

For being among the fortunate of this world I can only offer my thanks and my hope that those less fortunate than me can find even a little peace in this coming year.

May your God – whichever you worship –walk with you in peace.

To these thanks I must add a sincere thank you to all my new friends here on “Gente di Mare” for allowing me to be a small part of your lives.

-> General Discussion Groups