Click Here to Print Page

Page Topic: This is SOOOO exiting!!!
-> General Discussion Groups

#1: This is SOOOO exiting!!! Author: JamesBiancoLocation: Westfield, MA. PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2007 5:07 pm
    ----
Do any of you know of an adoptee born in Massachusetts?

December 5th, our Deval Patrick (our Governor) signed into state law an amendment allowing full access to your original birth certificate. I happened upon this via a genealogy website I follow. I am an adoptee, and was born in Massachusetts. I found my natural parents on my own when I was 20
---
Never the less I will be writing for a copy of my original birth record as soon as I get home from work tonight. I never thought I would see the day this would happen, so... spread the word.
---
Here is an official link to Chapter 109 of The Acts of 2007
---
Here is a link to the page you will need to read/download to obtain the records:
Obtaining your original Massachusetts Birth Certificate (un-certified)
(under the word Documents, center of the Page)

party party

#2: Re: This is SOOOO exiting!!! Author: Poipu04Location: Connecticut PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2007 5:15 pm
    ----
Congratulations and three cheers for your fine governor from the great Commonwealth of MA!

#3: Re: This is SOOOO exiting!!! Author: ricbruLocation: TRENTO - ITALIA PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2007 5:15 pm
    ----
Jumping for happiness for you, let us know if you find more for yourself
hugs
Riccardo

#4: Re: This is SOOOO exiting!!! Author: nucciaLocation: Toronto, Ontario, Canada PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2007 6:53 pm
    ----
This is wonderful news! Hopefully others can finally find their birth parents too now!

We will spread the word!

#5: Re: This is SOOOO exiting!!! Author: Cathy PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2007 9:22 pm
    ----
WOW> That's great! *joins the celebration*
party

#6: Re: This is SOOOO exiting!!! Author: VincenzaLocation: Michigan PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2007 10:54 pm
    ----
That's great news!! WOW!!!

Really happy for you. Hope you find more information.

Vincenza

-> General Discussion Groups