Click Here to Print Page

Page Topic: translation please
-> Translations

#1: translation please Author: michelleLocation: Australia PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2008 4:48 am
    ----
I am writing a letter to request a lista di leva of my grandfather and would like some help with translating .Should i send by email or by post ? If by email do i need to give them my postal address?

My name is ___________ and i am requesting my grandfathers military draft card for genealogy and family medical reasons.My grandfathers name is Fortunato Condo born 14/12/1912.I think in Simnopoly.He was married to a Maria Tripodi.He was living in Reggio Calabria before he migrated to Australia in October 1951.I am requesting his parents names and possibly any other family names such as siblings .
Yours sincerely.

#2: Re: translation please Author: Poipu04Location: Connecticut PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2008 3:00 pm
    ----
Michelle, look at my reply to you under the Southern Italy board. I put the e-mail address and the letter I wrote in Italian. Since it is your grandfather and not great grandfather, but nonno in place of bisnonno in my letter. Also, all you really need to tell them is the name of your grandfather, his birthday and the town he lived in. They don't need the wife's name or any other info. The military records will have his parents' names if you don't know them, but it won't have any sibling info., so don't bother putting that in your letter. As I said on the Southern Italy board, my e-mail probably has some Italian mistakes because I have only been studying Italian for less than a year, but in any event, they understood the e-mail and replied to me about 2 weeks after I sent it and then mailed the records in another 3 or 4 weeks.

#3: Re: translation please Author: michelleLocation: Australia PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 5:45 am
    ----
Thankyou for the translation.I will get onto it straight away.I will let you know how i goes . kiss kiss Thanks.

-> Translations