Click Here to Print Page

Page Topic: Looking for location of a Cemetery
-> General Discussion Groups

#1: Looking for location of a Cemetery Author: lilbeesLocation: Georgia, USA PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 11:18 am
    ----
I recently received a death certificate for a family member. He died in 1924 and was buried at Mt. Olivet Cemetery on it looks like Clarkson Avenue. I don't know if it was New York or New Jersey. He died in Brooklyn, Kings County Hospital, New York. Everything on the record is clear except for that cemetery location. Can anyone help with this.

There was no family information on the certificate and we have been trying to locate his wife who had died earlier. Hopefully they are buried in the same cemetery and maybe next to each other. The certificate does state he was a widower at time of death.

Here's hoping someone can help.

lilbees

#2: Re: Looking for location of a Cemetery Author: Biff83Location: Florida PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 12:14 pm
    ----
Some possibles although street addresses are incorrect.

Mount Olivet R.C. Cemetery
220 Mount Olivet Ave
Newark, NJ 07114-2114 Phone: (973) 621-2220

Mount Olivet Cemetery
65-40 Grand Avenue,
Maspeth, NY 11378,
718) 326-1777

Mount Olivet Cemetery
Chapel Hill Road
Red Bank, NJ 07701
Phone Number: (732) 741-5516

Any chance you can scan and post the image of the certificate?

Biff

#3: Re: Looking for location of a Cemetery Author: lilbeesLocation: Georgia, USA PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 12:16 pm
    ----
I will post it in a minute.

This is a great start. I thank you so much. Guess I will be on the phone for a while.

lilbees

#4: Re: Looking for location of a Cemetery Author: lilbeesLocation: Georgia, USA PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 12:24 pm
    ----
Hope this works. Image Shack is fun................

#5: Re: Looking for location of a Cemetery Author: lilbeesLocation: Georgia, USA PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 12:25 pm
    ----
img108.imageshack.us/i...certw4.jpg

Maybe this is better

lilbees

#6: Re: Looking for location of a Cemetery Author: Biff83Location: Florida PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 12:34 pm
    ----
I believe the Clarkson street address given is for the undertaker not the cemetery. I'd call Mount Olivet Cemetery in Maspeth which is in Queens pretty close to Brooklyn.

www.mountolivetcemeterynyc.com

Biff

Last edited by Biff83 on Tue Jan 08, 2008 12:37 pm; edited 2 times in total

#7: Re: Looking for location of a Cemetery Author: CaroleLocation: Valtellina - Near Lake Como PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 12:34 pm
    ----
A couple of links that I hope may be useful for your cemeterysearch.... then again!

>New York<

>New Jersey<

#8: Re: Looking for location of a Cemetery Author: lilbeesLocation: Georgia, USA PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 12:35 pm
    ----
Thank you so much for your assistance. Will call soon.

lilbees

#9: Re: Looking for location of a Cemetery Author: lilbeesLocation: Georgia, USA PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 12:11 pm
    ----
Well, we at least know where Henry is buried. For an additional $25 They are obtaining more information for me, i.e. owner, dates, other gravesites, etc. Won't know for a week whether or not his wife is near him or just in the cemetery itself.

I located Henry in the Mt. Olivet Queens. So thank you to all for your assist even when it is not necessarily Italian Genealogy.

Proves we are a really diverse site.

kiss

lilbees

#10: Re: Looking for location of a Cemetery Author: MikeSavoca91 PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 11:30 pm
    ----
I am in Queens, so one day if I am in the area I would go take a picture if you want. Just PM me the grave location, and when I go I will look for you.

Mike

-> General Discussion Groups