Click Here to Print Page

Page Topic: Translation Help
-> Translations

#91: Re: Translation Help Author: BillieDeKidLocation: Illinois PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 5:05 pm
    ----
No Livio. I am the one that made the confusion. I thought Luca said that Agostino was not a Sapienza but he wasn't sure because the quality of the document posted was so poor. So I tried to clean it up and reposted it for him to take a look.

So please don't think you made confusion..........if anyone made confusion it was me Embarassed

Ok Carole..........now I need a hug!!

#92: Re: Translation Help Author: LucaLocation: Terni - Italy PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 6:13 pm
    ----
BillieDeKid wrote:
No Livio. I am the one that made the confusion. I thought Luca said that Agostino was not a Sapienza but he wasn't sure because the quality of the document posted was so poor. So I tried to clean it up and reposted it for him to take a look.

So please don't think you made confusion..........if anyone made confusion it was me Embarassed

Ok Carole..........now I need a hug!!

You aren't in confusion ! I said that. I think Agostino was not a Sapienza (98%), but to be sure (at 100%) I shall have a better image. So don't worry.
I made confusion too:

Quote::
I was wrong. Luigi there isn't. I confused Luigi (Aloysius in Latin) whit Alfio (Alphius in Latin). Sorry
Giovanni (Jonny) and Joannes (in Latin) is the same.
Luca

The important is that, now, Rita has more information than 15 days ago!

party

Ciao
Luca

#93: Re: Translation Help Author: CaroleLocation: Valtellina - Near Lake Como PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 6:26 pm
    ----
OK - so now everyone's running round saying 'Mea culpa, Mea culpa - Mea massima culpa!'....but at the end of the day you are all doing a GREAT job sorting all this out - so here's a huge hug for you all

I leave the WHAPS to 'other' people... Wink (that way I get to be Mrs. Nice Guy)

#94: Re: Translation Help Author: Tiger965Location: Melbourne ,Florida PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 7:11 pm
    ----
Thanks for the dancing bananas Luca! They look cute.

#95: Re: Translation Help Author: BillieDeKidLocation: Illinois PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 8:02 pm
    ----
party

#96: Re: Translation Help Author: BillieDeKidLocation: Illinois PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 9:53 pm
    ----
Luca and Livio.........Three more in Latin

Baptism of Salvatore Sapienza
Date Baptised – 18??
Father – Giuseppe (Joseph) Sapienza
Mother – Lucia Distefano
God parents – Nicolosi ?
http://img352.imageshack.us/img352/1553/goodsalvatorechurchrecoml3.jpg

Baptism of Joseph (Giuseppe) or Josephina (Giuseppa) Sapienza
Date Baptised – 1893?
Father – Angelo ? Sapienza
Mother - ?
God parents - ?
http://img299.imageshack.us/img299/8030/goodmaybeangelosapienzagb7.jpg

Baptism of Barbarino Romeo
Date Baptised – 1873
Father – Rosario Romeo
Mother – Domenica Consoli
God Parents - ? Gratia
http://img299.imageshack.us/img299/8671/barbarinoromeofb7.jpg

#97: Re: Translation Help Author: Tiger965Location: Melbourne ,Florida PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 12:33 am
    ----
Livio, This film is very hard to read and it really isn't anyone's fault. neclord I know each and everyone of you is trying their best to help. Thank you. kiss Very Happy kiss

#98: Re: Translation Help Author: liviomorenoLocation: Rome (Italy) PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 4:17 am
    ----
Baptism of Salvatore Sapienza
Date Baptised – 1892, January 6
Date born - 1891, Dec 24
Father – Giuseppe (Joseph) Sapienza
Mother – Lucia Distefano
God mother – Maria Nicolosi
http://img352.imageshack.us/img352/1553/goodsalvatorechurchrecoml3.jpg

Baptism of Josepha (Giuseppa) Sapienza
Date Baptised – 1893, April 18
Date Born - 1893, April 10

Father – Michelangelo Sapienza
Mother - Blagia Sava ???
God mother - Domenica Motta
http://img299.imageshack.us/img299/8030/goodmaybeangelosapienzagb7.jpg

Baptism of Barbarino Romeo
Date Baptised – 1863, June 11
Date Born - 1863, June 5

Father – Rosario Romeo
Mother – Domenica Consoli
God mother - Gratia (Grazia) Romeo
http://img299.imageshack.us/img299/8671/barbarinoromeofb7.jpg

#99: Re: Translation Help Author: BillieDeKidLocation: Illinois PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 11:35 am
    ----
Thank you Livio kiss

#100: Re: Translation Help Author: Tiger965Location: Melbourne ,Florida PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 8:46 pm
    ----
I found Eugenio Sapienza! Very Happy Momma mia! My cousin just told me that I still need to find Angelo,Dominick, and Grazia. Very Happy . I just don't know of when they were born but he feels they should be on this same film. Very Happy I don't know how they did it back then but I feel I was just in a whirl wind! ~Rita

Last edited by Tiger965 on Thu Jan 31, 2008 8:38 pm; edited 1 time in total

#101: Re: Translation Help Author: BillieDeKidLocation: Illinois PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 9:33 pm
    ----
[quote="Luca"]
Maria Guardia (if so very, very strange name)
Baptized 1885 Sept 24, born Sept 22 daughter of Lucia Distefano and Giuseppe (Joseph in Latin) Sapienza. Godmother Caterina Nicolaso

Luca and Livio

Is it possible that Maria Guardia could be Maria Grazia? This might account for the "Grazia" - daughter of Giuseppe (Joseph)?

#102: Re: Translation Help Author: BillieDeKidLocation: Illinois PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 11:00 pm
    ----
Livio and Luca - Another baptismal record

Baptism of ? Euginio Sapienza
Born – 18??
Father – Giuseppe (Joseph)
Mother – Lucia Borcetto ?
God parent – Gratia Sapienza

Below Euginio’s and Joseph’s names (on the left) is a female name I believe it says Lucia Borsatto (mothers name)?
img177.imageshack.us/i...pedjl7.jpg

And thanks again Livio and Luca for all that you're doing kiss

#103: Re: Translation Help Author: liviomorenoLocation: Rome (Italy) PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 3:36 am
    ----
Vxxxx Eugenio Sapienza
Date Baptized - 1896, March 25
Born – 1896, March 20
Mother – Lucia xxxxx ?
God mother – Gratia Sapienza

Below Eugenio’s and Joseph’s names (on the left) there is the mother's name Lucia xxxxxx ?

Once again, we need a larger picture... please don't crop it before posting.

#104: Re: Translation Help Author: CaroleLocation: Valtellina - Near Lake Como PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 4:59 am
    ----
"...Lucia xxxxx ?"

Looks a bit like Borsitto - there seems to be a 'dot' over the letter before the double 't'...

#105: Re: Translation Help Author: LucaLocation: Terni - Italy PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 6:05 am
    ----
liviomoreno wrote:
Vxxxx Eugenio Sapienza
Date Baptized - 1896, March 25
Born – 1896, March (20) potrebbe essere Sexta (6)
Mother – Lucia xxxxx ?
God mother – Gratia Sapienza

Below Eugenio’s and Joseph’s names (on the left) there is the mother's name Lucia xxxxxx ?

Once again, we need a larger picture... please don't crop it before posting.
For Rita. Now that you have almost all the baptismal documents with exact dates, why don't you ask for the civil documents? Perhaps we'll be able to know the true surname of Lucia!
Ciao
Luca

-> Translations