Click Here to Print Page

Page Topic: Translation Help
-> Translations

#256: Re: Translation Help Author: CaroleLocation: Valtellina - Near Lake Como PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 7:23 am
    ----
Luca wrote:
Carole wrote:
...I honestly loathed it! I chose to continue for another two years with French - most of which (like the Latin) I forgot the minute I left school at 18 and went on to further studies at college!

This is the real problem of latin. A boy of 15 isn't able to find a reason to love it! But, now, I want to ask you: where did you find the bravery to study french? ( Mr. Green ) (like every real italian does, I don't love to much our "cousins"!!!)

Luca

A 'girl' of 15 isn't able to find much of a reason either.... Sad

As for being brave and continuing to learn French,, well it was the lesser of two evils I'm afraid. And as many Italians aren't too keen on the French, the English still consider that Calais should still belong to us and that it's the English Channel and NOT La Manche (the sleeve) - a bl*ody silly name for a sea... Rolling Eyes

peep

#257: Re: Translation Help Author: LucaLocation: Terni - Italy PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 9:25 am
    ----
Luca wrote:
... A boy of 15 isn't able to find a reason to love it! ...
Obviously, the "boy" wasn't you ( kiss )

(nonostante io non sappia esprimermi bene quando si tratta di farlo in Inglese, penso fosse chiaro [o almeno spero] che mi riferivo a qualunque ragazzo/a di quell'età Wink )

Luca

#258: Re: Translation Help Author: AetherLocation: Americas, Italy PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 1:42 pm
    ----
ACCOUNT DEACTIVATED

Italy - History and Culture?

Well, well! I guess it is not "common" knowledge that, in Italy and in other countries, French is the everyday language of diplomats and aristocrats!

Even more, in Piedmont a second language. And the dialect ...?

Even more! In certain areas in the South old forms of French - not really dialects - are spoken by the population.

And the presence, on and off, of the French in Italy! Well , well...

Sophia Shocked Shocked Shocked

#259: Re: Translation Help Author: LucaLocation: Terni - Italy PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 4:29 pm
    ----
Aether wrote:
Italy - History and Culture?

Well, well! I guess it is not "common" knowledge that, in Italy and in other countries, French is the everyday language of diplomats and aristocrats!

Even more, in Piedmont a second language. And the dialect ...?

Even more! In certain areas in the South old forms of French - not really dialects - are spoken by the population.

And the presence, on and off, of the French in Italy! Well , well...

Sophia Shocked Shocked Shocked

Che ci siano singole persone innamorate o anche intere zone in cui il francese è idolatrato passi pure, ma da li a dire che gli italiani amino visceralmente i loro cugini... beh ci passa!
( Shocked Confused Shocked Confused Shocked Confused )

E comunque: sorry I was off topic Embarassed

#260: Re: Translation Help Author: Tiger965Location: Melbourne ,Florida PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 4:38 pm
    ----
I don't know how to down size these documents Sad I found Joseph Sapienza & Gratia's marriage & it's too big.

#261: Re: Translation Help Author: DaveFerroLocation: Auburn NY PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 12:07 am
    ----
Tiger965

I had some passports and other documents that were too large to fit the scanner, but made reduced copies (legal size or what will fit) on a Xerox machine and scanned those. Check your copy center if they have a large copier, such as for blueprints. One here made copies for me of a 2 X 3 foot chart. These machines can reduce too.

#262: Re: Translation Help Author: Tiger965Location: Melbourne ,Florida PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2008 4:56 pm
    ----
I have the document on my flashdrive and I guess imageshack doesn't reduce it small enough to post. I was only wishing if I can have this document translated for me, that was all.

#263: Re: Translation Help Author: CaroleLocation: Valtellina - Near Lake Como PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2008 5:23 pm
    ----
Tiger965 wrote:
I have the document on my flashdrive and I guess imageshack doesn't reduce it small enough to post. I was only wishing if I can have this document translated for me, that was all.

Rita,
What size is the document? Image shack can reduce size I think - but if you can send it via e-mail send me a PM and I'll give you my e-mail and I'll do my best to translate it for you. OK?

#264: Re: Translation Help Author: nucciaLocation: Toronto, Ontario, Canada PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2008 9:43 pm
    ----
Rita,

I did get your email but as I said before, I am having trouble resizing images with this new computer. Vista, as much as I like it is driving me insane. Otherwise I would have been happy to resize and post them for you.

#265: Re: Translation Help Author: Tiger965Location: Melbourne ,Florida PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2008 9:48 am
    ----
I have rented microfilm to try to find Giuseppe's baptismal and I can't find it on the film. "/ Would someone help me locate another film it maybe on? Please

-> Translations