Click Here to Print Page

Page Topic: Just a Note!
-> General Discussion Groups

#1: Just a Note! Author: nucciaLocation: Toronto, Ontario, Canada PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 10:42 pm
    ----
Hi Everyone..

Just a really quick note here to let you all know that I will be a bit busy over the next month tying up some loose strings that I didn't get a chance to do while I was on holidays.

I haven't really had a chance to work on my webpages at all and transcribe the several hundred records I copied to CD last fall and the surname database has grown.. I'm afraid it will soon out grow its present format so I will need to work on upgrading it. I am having so much trouble even answering personal emails...I'm sorry if I will be a bit distant over the next few days but.......

I simply have not had any me time at all...and now I am going to take it...I have to.

#2: Re: Just a Note! Author: Cathy PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 11:09 pm
    ----
Nuccia - I think you need to take some family time and "Nuccia" time! I honestly don't know how you do all that you do! I would fall apart! We are all here for you. You have put together a fabulous group of people here. I am confident everyone here can handle things here while you are away. Take your time. And maybe in between the website and the transcriptions you can steal some time to pamper yourself for a day too!
(((HUGS)))
kiss

#3: Re: Just a Note! Author: BillieDeKidLocation: Illinois PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 11:26 am
    ----
I'm here if you need any help...........transcribing etc. Shoot me an email.........I'd be more than happy to help. kiss

#4: Re: Just a Note! Author: VincenzaLocation: Michigan PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 12:40 pm
    ----
Nuccia, If you need any thing please ask. We are all here to help you. Please take care of yourself.
Please just ask!!!
Love
Vincenza

#5: Re: Just a Note! Author: JamesBiancoLocation: Westfield, MA. PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 1:35 pm
    ----
nuccia wrote:

I haven't really had a chance to work on my webpages at all and transcribe the several hundred records I copied to CD last fall and the surname database has grown.. .

I'd love to hear more about this! Fantastic news! If there is anything I can do to help, please let me know.

#6: Re: Just a Note! Author: Cathy PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 1:37 pm
    ----
You know how I love transcribing records! I would love to help! I just finished what I have for my town and will not get more until Tuesday night. You have my email - send me some records! Mr. Green

#7: Re: Just a Note! Author: CaroleLocation: Valtellina - Near Lake Como PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 2:57 pm
    ----
I quite agree - Nuccia does need (desperatley) some "me" time...

I'm so pleased too that so many here are able to offer 'seriously competent' help. That - alas - is something I can't do....well actually I could and would try but the 'Boss' won't let me near the templates. I don't blame her either -

HTG if I had two brain cells they would fight among themselves.

But joking apart - thank you all soooo much for all the offers of help, I'm certain Nuccia will be so very pleased and gratified.

(BTW - my new year resolution - I WILL learn 'HTML' and THAT is a definite maybe!!!)

#8: Re: Just a Note! Author: Gina501Location: Houston, Texas PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 5:44 pm
    ----
Nuccia, sent you a private email.

#9: Re: Just a Note! Author: Poipu04Location: Connecticut PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 1:03 pm
    ----
You definitely deserve some "me time." You have gone above and beyond the call helping us all out!

#10: Re: Just a Note! Author: nucciaLocation: Toronto, Ontario, Canada PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 5:16 pm
    ----
Hey Everyone!

Thanks for all the nice words. I know I haven't been answering emails, but honestly, nothing is wrong. I'm just resting and checking the forum from time to time. I have been relaxing most of the time. Lou and I spent the day yesterday watching Alex Haleys "Roots". He bought me the 30 year special edition for Christmas. It came out last Spring and I really wanted it but since he got sick, I never got around to getting it.

They say that it was Roots that started the genealogy world rocking and I can see how. Although there has been some controversy about how much of the movie was fact and how much fiction, it still fascinates me. The man did a hell of a job considering what was available then compared to now and he was a writer, so I'm sure embellishing the truth just made it that more interesting.

Soon, I will be off to watch another two discs .. I think there are ten in total, recorded back and front.

I'm also attempting to work on some other things but for the most part, other than one or two skype conversations the other day, I really haven't be online.

I'll be back soon..PROMISE! And then maybe I'll try and answer the 65 emails I woke up to this morning.. Shocked Crying or Very sad

#11: Re: Just a Note! Author: Cathy PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 5:37 pm
    ----
Shocked 65 EMAILS!! Shocked You know what I would do? neclord

#12: Re: Just a Note! Author: JamesBiancoLocation: Westfield, MA. PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 5:53 pm
    ----
nuccia wrote:
Hey Everyone!

Thanks for all the nice words. I know I haven't been answering emails, but honestly, nothing is wrong. I'm just resting and checking the forum from time to time. I have been relaxing most of the time. Lou and I spent the day yesterday watching Alex Haleys "Roots". He bought me the 30 year special edition for Christmas. It came out last Spring and I really wanted it but since he got sick, I never got around to getting it.

They say that it was Roots that started the genealogy world rocking and I can see how. Although there has been some controversy about how much of the movie was fact and how much fiction, it still fascinates me. The man did a hell of a job considering what was available then compared to now and he was a writer, so I'm sure embellishing the truth just made it that more interesting.

That's too funny, my friend bought me the roots box set two years ago for Christmas. I have yet to watch it but, can't wait!

I think it is partially true and partially embellished. Kunta Kinte was a fictional character based upon what history has told us of the kidnapped slave.

He also wrote another book on his other side called "Queen". I've read Roots and loved it but Queen was much better (at least I think so).

If you like roots, check out that book...

#13: Re: Just a Note! Author: nucciaLocation: Toronto, Ontario, Canada PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 5:59 pm
    ----
Ok..its on my list now. I have been wasting time looking up Alex Haley's family on ancestry. Many are really there. So funny..I am going to chart it (although I know its already chart it somewhere) since I need to see it for myself.

With this series, I got Roots: The Next Generation too. Its so powerful a series. I just love all the history. Watch it James. Then we have something to discuss. I watched the mini series when it came out in 1977 (I was only maybe 13 at the time) and even then it was so moving. I see it so differently today so if you've never seen it and have already read the book, watch it. I think I knew then that I wanted to trace my family roots one day. And now I am.

-> General Discussion Groups